INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Stops Playing Album or Playlist  (Read 885 times)

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
MC Stops Playing Album or Playlist
« on: January 17, 2020, 02:13:44 pm »

Usually when playing an album, MC will randomly stop right at the end of a song and will not continue with the next song.  Happened a few time already today and in each instance if the playing song has a time of 3:33 it stops at 3:32, one second before the end of the song.  I am currently running Version 26.0.18, 64 bit, however this has happened with most versions, it is the only real issue with the program.  Current JRiver running on a Ryzen 2600x, Win 10 machine with a wired connection.  I primarily play thru my OPPO-103 player which also has a wired connections.  All my music has been ripped from CD to FLAC using JRiver Mediacenter.

This has happened when directly sending music from the computer to the OPPO, or when using Gizmo or now JRemote2, make my initial guess it is something in Media Center.

Any help or anything I need to examine from Mediacenter to help identify what is happening.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC Stops Playing Album or Playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 10:05:31 am »

Could you send me (matt at jriver) the log after it stops playing?

We log the stop command, and maybe we'll be able to see where it's coming from.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:38:21 pm »

I've had a somewhat similar event happen twice today...

Using JRemote on an iPad to initiate playback of a full album (just over 60 minutes, for the second case) via Kodi running on a single-board computer (ODroid), playback has just stopped.  Hitting play again on JRemote gets things going again.  For the second case (which just happened) playback stopped 5 seconds into track 13.  The album has 18 tracks total, with about 19 minutes remaining in the album.

Earlier today, with someone working on the computer, playback was fine for what seemed like hours.  (To be honest, though, since no problems was cropping up in that period of time, I'm not sure exactly how long it was.)

My thought was to wonder whether anything changed in MC with respect to managing sleep?

(MC 26.0.18 on Windows 7, JRemote 3.30 on iOS 13.3, DLNA playback to Kodi renderer)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 09:47:23 pm »

For the second case (which just happened) playback stopped 5 seconds into track 13.  The album has 18 tracks total, with about 19 minutes remaining in the album.

My thought was to wonder whether anything changed in MC with respect to managing sleep?

FWIW, the Windows 7 desktop is set to spin down the hard drives after 30 minutes of inactivity, which seems somewhat shorter than the ~40 minute point at which playback stopped.  The power-saving setup has used that 30 minute setting for several years now.

This post, from RoderickGI,

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121637.msg841280.html#msg841280

mentions a playback-stopping problem when playing to a DLNA device, which does fit this scenario.  The link points back to the release announcement for 25.0.83.  I read through subsequent posts, but I'm unsure whether it was resolved.

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 10:15:27 pm »

Matt - thanks for the reply, just sent you an email with the log file right after a stop happened.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 01:21:12 pm »

When it goes on to the next file, it's not playable.

Here's the log text:
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Start
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking for invalid position
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Attempting next chapter
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking for next disabled
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking for display / internal mismatch
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Checking can play next state
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Next: Next track not playable
42604094: 6736: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Start

This can happen for lots of reasons including picking "Stop After Current File" or if you're just at the end of the playlist (check Playing Now).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up