INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO playback with Pro tools Mbox  (Read 1459 times)

brickf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
ASIO playback with Pro tools Mbox
« on: April 30, 2003, 09:08:15 am »

Has anyone tried playback with the Mbox ASIO driver? I have tried different settings and MJ gives an error when trying to buffer a song. Just wondered if anyone was able to get it to work. Thanks

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: ASIO playback with Pro tools Mbox
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 10:45:33 am »

I think most users are using the kXProject driver.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Marko

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 11:07:43 am »

I'm using my default Creative ASIO and it's would appear that MC is having real problems with it and .asf streams.
ie. crashes everytime, leaving a fraction of a second of audio repeating over and over, very loudly. Always crashes with the buffer at 78% or above.

Creative ASIO seems to be working correctly in all other areas of MC.

(I've not used any other drivers, just thought I'd mention this in case the driver brand is irrelevant)

phelt

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 12:18:09 pm »

I'm not familiar with the Mbox - have you played with the buffering settings within MC and the Mbox driver?

I can't get any sound when I select my Terratec Aureon as the ASIO device, so I started using ASIO2KS. After a bunch of buffer tweaking I am finally using ASIO.

brickf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 08:46:42 am »

Thanks for the info. Mbox is a product for recording and music production and the hardware is USB based. I was hoping to get it to work with MC so I don't have to buy another usb interface for playback, but I can't get it to work, even after playing with the buffer and channel settings.

Anyone have a recommendation for a USB sound card that is working well with ASIO?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up