INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate albums with different file types ?  (Read 590 times)

Muzic4Fun

• Recent member
Duplicate albums with different file types ?
« on: January 20, 2020, 09:37:32 pm »

I am coming from Roon and I am trying to find out how to set up JRiver to find duplicates of an album in different file formats. I have been replacing some of my old MP3 files with FLAC/CD Rips and I want to identify when I have both version so I can delete the MP3 files. It is really easy to do in Roon, but I am at a loss on how to do this easily in JRiver. I apologize if this has been asked before, and it could just be something I am missing.

Thanks,

Rob

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Duplicate albums with different file types ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:50:37 am »

the easiest way is the built-in smartlist called "Audio--Task--Possible Duplicates".  it will be in whatever is your default directory for smartlists in the tree

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 03:00:05 pm »

If you have true duplicates of albums, where the Album tag, Artist tag, and Name tags of each file have the same values, it should be 'easy'.  I think these will show up as one album with doubled tracks.  Track 1 FLAC, Track 1 MP3; track 2 FLAC, track 2 MP3, etc.

Finding duplicates is kind of tricky, but it can be done.  To really isolate out duplicates you need several different kinds of searches.  I've built several views to do this and had various levels of success.  Attached is a screen shot of one of my Duplicate Finder views.

I'm not sure how Roon does their duplicate detection.  MC doesn't have a built in way of doing it.  But you can use something like my view to try to find what you have and fix it.

Brian.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 05:04:15 pm »

I find duplicates by making a pane view with a list style of "Album thumbnails". I then sort the thumbnails by "Filename (path)". Duplicate albums with show up first since their Filename (path) is varied. You can then add them to a playlist or drag them to playing now to sort out. It will also be helpful to add thumbnail text of Filename (path) to make it extra clear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up