INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Videos using Local resources?  (Read 846 times)

mjohnson

Import Videos using Local resources?
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:51:45 am »

Hi All,

Have a question, all my movies all 11K of them are contained in separate folders of which are named Movie(year) i.e. Avitar(2009), in each folder will contain the video (of type.mkv, mp4,etc..) in ref to the above avitar (2009).mkv

The folder also a .nfo (see the attached avitar (2009).nfo.txt renamed to protect the innocent ;-) for an example)  file which has been created via Media Companion, this is a xml file containing file info such as width, height, aspect ect.., and image URLs to name a few  it also scrapes all the art work such as  fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, it also creates 2-3 folders which are .actors, extrafanart, extrathumbs..

I ran a test run on a smaller sub set of the folders and 50% did not come back with a cover are or details about the movie, now I saw where you could go in and refresh or download the stuff.. but this is not going to happen on a collection of 11K at only 50% corectly added so with that said...

Can the import use the local files to load the movie artwork and info from the .nfo file and what is contained in the folder, artwork such as poster etc and then get what ever is missing like perhaps a disc image etc.. in a simple configuration way

As I have spent years making sure that each movie folder has what it need so would be best for me to use that if possible

thanks in advance to what I hope will be a favorable response :-)

M

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import Videos using Local resources?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:17:41 am »

I think MC picks up two type of posters for movies … folder.jpg … or same name as movie file (eg if movie file is Avatar (2000).mkv then MC can pick Avatar (2000).jpg … this is what I use)

Rest of arts JRiver does not use (which is pity … I would LOVE to see at least fanart.jpg to be used in Theatre View)

I assume your nfo are formatted to Kodi standard … it should be supported … have a look at this

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87442.0

EDIT: I think for this to work … all those tags in nfo must be defined in MC tags … https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103103.0
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:20:53 am »

Rest of arts JRiver does not use (which is pity … I would LOVE to see at least fanart.jpg to be used in Theatre View)

I may have misunderstood, but I find that fanart can get displayed in theater view. I usually use MediaCenterMaster to pre-download info about movies prior to importing them into the MC library. I place the multiple background jpg's in a subdirectory "extrafanart". When I pull up my movie index in (I think) grid display, the background images will cycle trough as long as I have a movie in focus. I'm sure there was some setting to point to "extrafanart", but it's been so long that I've had it this way that I don't remember where it was. If you want, let me know and I will research it for you.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 11:43:14 am »

by default TheatreView displays Van Gogh images

you can set online slideshow ... then MC will load images for currently selected movie from internet sources you specify in option (local files are not used)

last i check (which, i admit, was some time ago) if you untick all available internet sources for slideshow ... for audio only, MC will cycle through all images in same folder as audio file selected ... for movies, it will show Van Gough

ps. option for slideshow is in

option->theatre view->theme->online media slideshow

pss. one of internet sources is themoviedb ... so if you dowloaded fanart from there ... it might look like its using lically stored images when in fact it keeps redowloading them ... simple test would be - deny your PC internet access and see if fanart slideshow still show up

if it does ... then pls do tell how yoy set it up ... i been waiting fir thus feature for ages
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 01:52:23 pm »

You can display lots of images, including fanart in Theater View if you're willing to get under the hood a bit. 

This post has lots of details.  It's a long post and a lot of the stuff at the beginning is related to tooltips, but there is also lots of info on Theater View modifications.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119385.0.html

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 02:30:10 pm »

that's indeed a very long thread … will take couple of days to read it lol

thx to pointing me in right direction

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 12:49:41 pm »

@tij
My apologies for forgetting to check this out sooner. You are correct, the background display for movies had nothing to do with the fanart data I have stored. I think that it seemed that the fanart worked is that some movies took quite a while to actually get background images to display and that led me to believe that saving the fanart was what was responsible for the display.
Pages: [1]   Go Up