INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Setup Problems  (Read 1489 times)

The CasaMan

• Recent member
TV Setup Problems
« on: January 23, 2020, 08:44:11 am »

I sort of got TV working in 25.  Now I have 26, I can no longer watch television even though all the signs say that it is working.  It will not record either.
OTA EPG picks up programmes as does MC2XML but only some.

The tuners are showing nominal operational mode.

If I try to watch live TV however, it just ignores me!  I've tried pressing all the oppropriate buttons I can think of but to no avail.

Oh yes, thanks for fixing the podcast problem.  Glad to know it wasn't me!

Tim

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Is it MC26 or just the ongoing pain the TV module is?!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:43:04 am »

Where are you located (North America, Europe, etc.)?  Have you tried restarting MC? Restarting Windows?

Take a look in Standard View, Television, Show status.  Are all tuners idle?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:01:25 am »

I am located in the UK. (Astra 28.2E)
I have restarted both Windows and MC many times.
The tuners show idle and one shows scanning when OTA EPG is in operation.
I had to re-build the tuner profile when I loaded 26 but this is now something I hope I am getting quite good at.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 12:46:14 pm »

Please provide a log.

Did you install MC26 on the same machine where you had MC25?  Tuner profiles should have been copied over from MC25.

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 06:28:13 am »

Yes, same machine.  In fact when I went into MC26 for the first time, the profiles were already there; it seemed to pick them up from the previous installation.  They appeared not to work though so I started again from scratch.
I've just gone to my MC machine and had a quick look at the programme and I can't even get it to activate my favourite channels, it just sits there ignoring me.
I am rapidly thinking that I will stop using MC for television, stop using it as a server and simply have individual instances on my separate machines just for audio and existing home videos.  I will experiment with another program to drive my two TV tuners.  I simply do not have the time to keep fiddling with it!
Tim

The CasaMan

• Recent member
Re: TV Setup Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 09:31:20 am »

Forgive my frustration!  I am trying again from scratch.  I have deleted all TV data and am starting a fresh installation.  I'll see how I get on this time.  It has to be me as so many people seem to be using it successfully.

Later:

Can now watch TV but MC2XML does not pick up any programmes.  Will keep trying.  Will aslo add OTA.........
Oh, and by the way just as I tried again with the program guide routine, MC just closed on its own.

Tim

The CasaMan

• Recent member
Re: TV Setup Problems
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 10:50:22 am »

Something else that I would like a comment on is metadata.
Some time ago, I noticed that all my home videos had automatically called themselves 'Shows' so I spent some time changing them to 'Home Videos' since loading MC26, they have now gone back to 'Shows' again.  I'll have another go sometime.

BTW, its just crashed again during an OTA update.......

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 05:35:10 pm »

MC2XML probably is a lost cause.  Please read this thread.

As for crashing, I am not sure what might be causing it.  Please try collecting the log files and crash dump file when MC crashes, and forward them to me.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 09:37:56 am »

Did you install MC26 on the same machine where you had MC25?  Tuner profiles should have been copied over from MC25.

Just to make sure it works for me, I tried a couple of times this morning.  Uninstalled MC26 completely and made sure MC25 was running properly and then rebooted.  Installed MC26.  All tuner profiles, all channels, all guide entries, and all recording rules got migrated from MC25 to MC26.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 09:39:37 am »

Regarding crashes, are you using any settings other than Red October Standard or Red October HQ?  For example are you using custom installation of madVR?

The CasaMan

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 02:22:03 am »

I really don't have any luck with all this.  I have just typed you a long description of what has happened to date, including a link to log files; I pressed post, and the whole lot just disappeared!  I will start again......

Thanks for looking further at this: I have been out of the loop for a while; other distractions.
Yes, using Red October Standard.
Crashed again after experimenting with live tv.  Here is a link to the log files etc.
https://app.box.com/s/o6eoqc3ymghh7wzl6did6k1jvwohvpi4
I also found that the setup in MC25 came into MC26 when I loaded it but this is no longer an option for me as I have now uninstalled MC25 and have, in desperation, started again from scratch in MC26.  Probably shot myself in the foot there.
Using OTA only at the moment for the reasons you mentioned previously.  Having chosen my favourite channels, I ran OTA EPG only to find that none of my favourites had any programme info in them at all. I would try one of the subscription options if I could be sure that it would work.  After all, I don't want to pay for something unless I can be sure it will be worth it.
I am no longer using MC26 as a server on my server machine until I can get this all sorted.  Each instance is running it's own library.  This is fine, except the users do not have the option of watching live TV or making recordings.  Maybe one day.......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 07:39:08 am »

If you lose a post, you should be able to back up in your browser to find it and copy it.

You could try restoring a backup if you've lost your TV setup.  MC26 can restore an MC26 or MC25 backup.  They're zip files.  The wiki has information on backup and restore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up