INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 26 Issues Since Upgrading To Windows 10  (Read 838 times)

samtheman57

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 26 Issues Since Upgrading To Windows 10
« on: January 23, 2020, 05:08:43 pm »

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and it has come with its share of issues.

MC 26 worked flawlessly in 7, unfortunately not so well in Windows 10, so I really can't fault the program as much as the new OS.

Some of my music files, the ones that were either iTunes (before I upgraded to MC) or CD Rips to FLAC would appear in the library after importing, but wouldn't play due to read errors.

I was able to surmount that issue by painstakingly changing file permissions for all the songs in each folder. Then the songs would play.

The only problem now is that , even using drop and drag, auto import, or individual folder import, some folders will simply not import to the library. If I go to the folder, I can play individual tracks. So playing the music isn't the issue as much as getting the files to import.

If anyone has had similar issues importing, I would appreciate any advice.

samtheman57

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC 26 Issues Since Upgrading To Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 06:50:55 pm »

So, I did find a way for JMRC to import the folders that wouldn't import by dragging and dropping, but it's completely counterintuitive.

Again these are old iTunes and CD rips to FLAC.

First, highlight all files in album folder.

Next right click and choose "Give access to specific people" ( highlight myself, name, owner)

Files will now play but won't import.

I then copy that file to a new folder (called files that won't import)

That copy now is added to the library as a single folder import.

Again, I'm of the opinion it's not MC 26, but some buggy quirks in the Windows upgrade process.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 08:22:42 pm »

Have you excluded the JRiver folder from Windows Defender?  There are instructions in a pinned thread above  All you should need to do is exclude that one folder and it should apply to everything MC does.

samtheman57

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 07:01:29 pm »

I tried, but still couldn't get all the music to import, all is well now, library is stocked again and all files play fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up