INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloads of music quit working since 12/23/19  (Read 475 times)

minogue

• Recent member
Downloads of music quit working since 12/23/19
« on: January 15, 2020, 10:45:46 am »

I have tried to look through the forum for a topic such as this, but can't navigate it.

All downloads of music (5) I have purchased since 12/23/19 won't play entirely. They all will eventually crash MC. The crash is; MC will play the first couple of tracks and then they go into a buffering mode that eventually ends in a "JRiver is not responding" error.

I first thought it was an HDTracks issue. It may still be, but the download from 7Digital does the same thing. I tried HDTracks suggestion, using dBpoweramp to "digitally dust" the files by converting them from FLAC to FLAC. Funny thing here is that some of them will not convert past the first track (just stalls) which makes me think it is an HDTracks issue, but I had them send me new downloads that did the same thing. The 7Digital download doing the same thing is also making me doubt this.

Any music I have downloaded before this date works and plays without any issues.

Help me! This is driving me absolutely Bat**it crazy!! Hardware? Software? I have a free version of MalwareBytes, but it isn't active all the time. This is my work PC, so it goes through a firewall. Could they have changed something?

Thanks! I just want to listen to Zeppelin IV!! I did include John Denver's Greatest Hits in that particular download. Am I being punished?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Downloads of music quit working since 12/23/19
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 11:15:01 am »

I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's a JRiver problem.

If you can, uninstall Malwarebytes.

Those should be unprotected FLAC files, so no Internet access should be required.

Try taking a few problem files home to see if they play there.  That would give you a clue.

minogue

• Recent member
Re: Downloads of music quit working since 12/23/19
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 11:04:40 am »

Jim,

You were correct. It was not a JRiver problem. It was also not the downloads.
My Hard drive started to fail around December 13th. Got a new one, problem fixed.

FYI

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers,
Kyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up