INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Track named "LPC" shows up in Playlist  (Read 624 times)

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Music Track named "LPC" shows up in Playlist
« on: January 25, 2020, 03:58:51 pm »

Wondering if anyone can shed light on this one.

I use Dirac DSP, and have a zone configured for this.  After I've stopped playback for a while and then go back to using JRiver, all of the latest playback entries are gone and replaced with a single entry named "lpc".  From the file's name it appears to be the stream for Dirac Live?   

I've attached screenshot of this.

I'm not positive that's what triggers the behavior.  I think it might be something to do with the machine being put into sleep mode, but not positive.   

I'll generally listen for a while.  Stop playback and then put machine to sleep.

It's definitely stopped and not paused.

Only way to get rid of this "track" is to load another file for playback.

Never saw this issue with MC 25

Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music Track named "LPC" shows up in Playlist
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 04:34:56 pm »

It's not LPC, it's IPC (Inter-Process communication), and it is related to the MC WDM Driver.

I don't have or know about Dirac, and how it works in MC, so don't know if that is normal. But if you have the WDM Driver installed, and use Zoneswitch, maybe MC is switching to the WDM after you play tracks through Durac?

This old thread explains the situation: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96306.0

Read the Wiki article on the WDM Driver.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Music Track named "LPC" shows up in Playlist
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 05:21:02 pm »

I recently enabled WDM but playback is via an ASIO driver for that zone.

Zoneswitch is not enabled and I wasn't using WDM.

I'll disable the WDM driver and see if issue continues.

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up