INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Jitter and Video Freeze on certain HD channels Fixed  (Read 761 times)

CPW0802

• Recent member
Audio Jitter and Video Freeze on certain HD channels Fixed
« on: January 26, 2020, 12:19:34 am »

I am having problems with Audio Jitter and no audio and frozen video or a combination of all three on two HD channels.
I have checked the channels on another TV no problems
I have changed TV tuners with no affect
I don't have any problems with audio or video on other HD channels
Only 9 HD and 7HD (Australia)

I am baffled all video signal quality indicators are excellent.
I get the video and audio issues inside theatre view and outside in the windows interface.
I have not changed any settings.
Mystery
Version is MC 25.0.115 64bit

Rescanned all channels and offending two channels now work.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio Jitter and Video Freeze on certain HD channels
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:19:25 am »

Those problems are often related to the Audio stream in the recording, rather than the video stream.

9HD and 7HD use a Dolby AC-3 audio stream, while most other channels do not. For example, ABC and SBS HD do not use AC-3. However, 10HD does use Dolby AC-3, so have you checked recordings and Live TV on 10HD?

Check the channel properties in the "Options > Television > Channels > Manage Channels.

If 10HD also exhibits the problem, then look to fixing the audio playback. I don't know exactly what the answer will be there, but Buffers are often an issue. There have been threads on AC-3 playback in the past, so a search may find an answer.

PS: I'm in Melbourne and have no issues with any channel on MC25.0.115 64bit.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up