INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Movies (one at a time)  (Read 671 times)

mtnwatchdog

• Recent member
Playing Movies (one at a time)
« on: January 26, 2020, 10:52:25 am »

I can't find anything for this - audio tracks play one after another - but so do my movies. I would like for a single movie to play and then return to the main JRiver interface (not move on to the next).

Is there a way to do both; continuous with audio, individual play with movies?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing Movies (one at a time)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 10:54:21 am »

How are you starting playback?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mtnwatchdog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 11:12:57 am »

For music, normally right-click an album and select "More Play Options->Play Albums (shuffled)"

For movie, normally double-click a movie art.

mtnwatchdog

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 12:23:05 pm »

Ok, I took a deeper dive into trying to play a single movie only. Seems the only way to do it is to right-click on the movie art and select "Play" from the popup menu. Is this correct?

The UI is very confusing in this regard. I think for most, movie playback is typically one at a time.

If I double-click the movie, or if I single click to select the movie and press the play button, or hover over the movie art and select the context 'Play' option that appears, I would expect only that movie would play. Instead, the movie following my selected one is automatically played at the end of my chosen movie.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 01:50:29 pm »

Go to:
Options>General>Behaviour>Double-Click:

Select: Replace Playing Now (Single)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 01:53:28 pm »

What fitbrit suggests would work for movies, but probably also cause audio to play only a single file. Not sure there is a solution to seperate that behavior in Standard View based on Media Type right now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 01:57:49 pm »

What fitbrit suggests would work for movies, but probably also cause audio to play only a single file. Not sure there is a solution to seperate that behavior in Standard View based on Media Type right now.

Absolutely true, but the OP tends to right-click and "Play albums (shuffled)" for audio. So if double-clicking is usually only applied to movies, then it should be ok.

Another workaround solution is launch a video, and then at some point during playback, maybe immediately, right click on the stop button and select Stop After Current File.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 02:02:10 pm »

Ah, yes. Then this would work.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mtnwatchdog

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 02:06:26 pm »

Just tried it, Henrik was originally correct. Changing the behavior setting breaks the "Play Albums (shuffled)" - it shuffles through a single album only instead of all.

I'll stick with the "right-click->Play" on a movie to get it to do what I want. I think the problem overall is that the context popup menu logic for albums is shared with other media types - as well as the general behavior logic.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 02:13:06 pm »

This might be a good case for separating the behaviour by media type, or even making it zone dependent

mtnwatchdog

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 02:16:58 pm »

I agree. Let me clarify now. Everyone's right.  ?

Setting the behavior to "Replace Playing Now (Single)" allows a single movie to be played by double-click. I am doing this now - thanks fitbrit.

However...

If you select "Play Albums (shuffled)" from the "Albums" list tree tag, all albums are shuffled. If you select "Play Albums (shuffled)" from right-clicking on album cover art, only that album is shuffled. As long as I use the tree list, I am good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up