INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renderer specific Radio Paradise issue  (Read 775 times)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Renderer specific Radio Paradise issue
« on: January 27, 2020, 01:05:52 am »

I've got 2 main audio DLNA renderers in my setup that work well. With one of them however I'm having odd issues with Radio Paradise.

When I send a RP channel to it, rather than getting and streaming the correct content track by track, it will grab say 15-20 min of content and play that as 1 20 min track, and just loop through 4 or 5 of actual titles or stop after the 15-20 min is up.

What also happens is while artwork and artist metadata is displayed on MC and also the renderer itself, it does not align with what is actually playing.

The other audio renderer I have plays RP perfectly, so I know its not a home network problem.

I've tried playing with all the usual suspects re setup options, setnext etc, because it does look like a setnext type issue but nothing seems to have worked. This renderer works perfectly streaming my local content, does not require any of the options to be checked and plays gapless.

Any suggestions where I could look appreciated.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Renderer specific Radio Paradise issue
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 12:13:17 pm »

I can only half recall this so forgive me if I don't get it completely right.

I saw it said somewhere on here that in order to split the 20 min chunks up into single tracks to be pushed to a renderer you need to setup a DLNA server with the Audio mode as "Specified output format only when necessary" and set Format to PCM.
Then under Advanced>Audio formats to convert you can untick all the formats you don't need to convert including Flac.
Then associate this server with your renderer.
This should then simply split the files without converting them.

If you are not already doing this give it a try and see if it helps.

Edit: I found the original post I was thinking of https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115480.msg834599.html#msg834599

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 03:07:16 pm »

Ok thanks Thecrow, certainly worth a try.

That rings true as the renderer that does work has a specified output of PCM L16 no header and also some DSP settings. But the one with the issues is set to Original, as it can natively play everything in my library.

I'll give it a try tonight, thanks for the insight.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 04:54:36 am »

Ok that is working a lot better thank you. Interested as to why it fixes it? Does it force MC to split the files up to interrogate them?

One odd thing though is when I specify output only when necessary, I originally had this at PCM  L16 No header which is the default however this caused it to stop working altogether, I had to set this to PCM 16 for it to work.

Given it should be sending the original file format - flac - untouched I’m not sure why this setting should make any difference...?
Pages: [1]   Go Up