INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client / Server Autosync  (Read 1537 times)

mjn77

• Recent member
Client / Server Autosync
« on: January 28, 2020, 01:25:44 pm »

I have a server running JRiver MC 26 and it is shared via Media Network.  I have a PC running MC26 and it is connected to the server and running the library in read only mode.  (I don't want people making changes to the library on the client).

In the documentation, "Auto Sync with server" should run every few mins in the background.  But mine doesn't update for days.  Last time it updated was 22nd Jan.  Is there any way to force a synce, or increase the frequency of the sync action?

mjn77

• Recent member
Re: Client / Server Autosync
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:01:14 am »

Nobody uses client / server based setup?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 07:16:16 am »

This should be on the wiki.  In order for changes on a client to sync back to the server, you need to have authentication set (login and password) in the Media Network settings on the server. 

Read only could also be a problem.

mjn77

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 02:09:15 pm »

This should be on the wiki.  In order for changes on a client to sync back to the server, you need to have authentication set (login and password) in the Media Network settings on the server. 

Read only could also be a problem.

Nope, other way around, i want changes on the server to be pushed to the clients.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 06:35:18 pm »

Just restart MC on the Client, or reconnect it to the server and it will get a new copy of the Library from the server.

If you don't want to do that manually, set up a Windows Scheduled Task to do either. Use MC Command Line parameters in the Task.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 02:31:11 am »

Agree with the OP, this should happen automatically.

It's a minor irritation for me as the music library doesn't change much and any new TV recordings I find by browsing for the file, but you really shouldn't have to do that or have to restart the program. (And you really shouldn't have to delve into task scheduler to make a media program run properly!)

mjn77

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 06:46:58 am »

Agree with the OP, this should happen automatically.

It's a minor irritation for me as the music library doesn't change much and any new TV recordings I find by browsing for the file, but you really shouldn't have to do that or have to restart the program. (And you really shouldn't have to delve into task scheduler to make a media program run properly!)

Agreed!!

mjn77

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 06:48:21 am »

Just restart MC on the Client, or reconnect it to the server and it will get a new copy of the Library from the server.

If you don't want to do that manually, set up a Windows Scheduled Task to do either. Use MC Command Line parameters in the Task.

Ok, thanks, will give that a try, but as above, i shouldn't have to restart the app for it to update from the server.  That's like asking you to close and reopen Outlook when you want to check for new emails.
Pages: [1]   Go Up