INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import: Improved Subfolder Control  (Read 664 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Auto-Import: Improved Subfolder Control
« on: January 29, 2020, 09:16:47 pm »

Hi, please implement a small, simple change to Auto-Import:

When one is configuring Auto- Import on a specific folder, there is a choice to "include this folder and all child folders" or "Exclude this folder and all child folders". Can we either have an added choice of "Include this folder, but no child folders", or alternatively just "Include this folder", but then have a check box to "include (or not) child folders"? Many programs give the user an "include sub-folder" checkbox choice.

I have many folders and sub-folders and often I want to just include a single folder, and not a bunch of sub-folders I am storing stuff in. This would give us much greater control and granularity with auto import.

I would hope you would implement it in such a way that if I did want to import just a single particular sub-folder, but not the other sub-folders, I could set that folder up separately (under "Add folders you would like the program to watch"), and it would still work.

Please, this tiny improvement would help me, and I would assume many others, considerably.

Thanks for your continued consideration!

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Import: Improved Subfolder Control
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 08:43:23 am »

"Include this folder, but no child folders"
+1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 07:52:50 am »

We'll add this to the next build of MC26.

History:
NEW: When configuring auto-import, you can select "Include this folder only" to include a folder but not include subfolders.

Thanks for the idea!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 08:23:11 am »

That's awesome! I've been wanting this for years! This gives us more freedom in file and folder/directory organization...

Thanks, Matt!
Pages: [1]   Go Up