INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media server icon in tooltray - restore after explorer.exe restart?  (Read 467 times)

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Hi all,

TL;DR: When restarting explorer.exe, the Media Server icon doesn't come back.  Any chance MC26 could be tweaked so it detects explorer.exe restarting and then brings the icon back?  If not, no biggie -- at least it's still running!

Longer version for those interested: I've been plagued with a stupid Windows 10 quirk, wherein after my receiver and TV turn off, my HTPC defaults to stereo (i.e. the EDID from the TV); however, when powering the receiver back on 5.1/7.1 remain greyed out.  I eventually found out that restarting explorer.exe after the receiver turns on restores my options without restart (yay!).  With that knowledge I made an Eventghost macro to restart explorer.exe automatically when my HTPC detects the receiver has powered on via my HDMI-CEC adapter (YAY!!).  However, when that happens the Media Server icon is lost.  Moral of the story: Eventghost + HDMI-CEC + a bunch more plugins = very versatile HTPC!

-Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up