INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 26 with Windows 10 and Oppo BDP 105 Sound Cutting Out  (Read 906 times)

rmike

I'm having an issue with the audio dropping temporarily for about 2 seconds roughly every 3 minutes during listening.  I'm a long time JRiver user, and I have never had an issue until upgrading to Media Center 26.  Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Setup:
Media Center 26, installed on Windows 10 Pro - Intel NUC
Output:  USB, through OPPO BDP 105 2.0 DAC (WASAPI) DRIVER
DAC - Oppo BDP 105, USB Input
Remote - JRemote

I have reinstalled Windows 10, reinstalled Oppo drivers, and nothing seems to fix the issue.  I have followed all of the Wiki pages, and I just can't seem to stop the issue.

One note, I'm not sure but the issue seems to be worse with songs purchased from Apple iTunes, and less of an issue with FLAC files (this could be my imagination).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 26 with Windows 10 and Oppo BDP 105 Sound Cutting Out
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 08:02:09 pm »

Are the files on a local drive?  Or USB driver or NAS?

rmike

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:56:44 pm »

The files are stored on the Intel NUC solid state hard drive.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 05:28:15 pm »

Did you configure Windows Defender?  There's a thread on it here.

rmike

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 05:29:08 pm »

Okay, problem solved!  Thank you both for your comments, I'll explain what I found just in case it helps anyone else.

The issue was the HDMI ARC from the OPPO to my Sony Bravia TV.  I switched the HDMI output from the OPPO, to the non-ARC HDMI input of the Sony and this resolved the issue.  I will try the ASIO driver as suggested for additional benefits.

I was able to isolate the issue by disconnecting my Windows 10 PC with Media Center 26, and replacing it with my MAC laptop with Media Center 24.  The skipping was immediately happening with the MAC connected to the OPPO, and thus eliminating Windows 10 as the culprit, and since I had a history of the Media Center 24 working well I was confident this was not a Media Center 26 issue.  I switched the OPPO to "Pure Audio" and it stopped dropping the audio.  This made me confident it had something to do with the OPPO video.  I'm happily enjoying uninterrupted high quality audio again, thank you JRiver!
Pages: [1]   Go Up