INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Guide search function as a 'call' option  (Read 1384 times)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
TV Guide search function as a 'call' option
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:21:29 pm »

Great day Yaobing, all,

I've been wondering if the search function within the Theater View TV Guide can be customized.
Reason for asking: once the option search has been made (under Options -> Television -> Items to show -> details pane -> Guide -> options) it's a fixed selection and the alphabet showed and so using space from the GUI.
It's taking up lot's of usefull space of the Guide.

Could the search function be a call option per event from the topbar/toolbar ?
Or a pop-up/osd ?
In case we're able to modify this from the Theater View template, which I've looked at already, but wasn't able to adjust it yet.

Thanks for your feedback and help !

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Guide search function as a 'call' option
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 06:47:15 pm »

(under Options -> Television -> Items to show -> details pane -> Guide -> options)

I think you meant Options -> Theater View -> Items to show -> details pane -> Guide -> options

Could the search function be a call option per event from the topbar/toolbar ?
Or a pop-up/osd ?

Search is already there next to "To Be Recorded".  That is why I never use "Show search at file level" option.  It took me a while to figure out what you are talking about  ;D
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:21:55 am »

Thanks for your reply Yaobing,

Yes you're right about:
I think you meant Options -> Theater View -> Items to show -> details pane -> Guide -> options

But I've checked again and I've got under Guide only: Guide - To be recorded ?
No search tab or subroller ?
Guessing this explains why you're confused by my question after all.
Search is already there next to "To Be Recorded".

Any suggestion why i don't see this 'feature'. I've checked my other machines and also not present.
I even don't recall to have seen this tab before ?
I'm using MC since MC23.

I've just mailed you a screenshot of my screen fyi.

Thanks again sir,

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 05:42:34 am »

Yaobing, i did found this link:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Theater_View_Television_Guide_Setup

From reading this post i can indeed notice the "search" and even a "series" function within the examples:-)

I would love to add at least these to my setup aswell :-)

Maybe someone is willing to complete the wiki and including these expressions ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and help !

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 03:30:53 pm »

The simplest way to get default items back is to reset Theater View.  Assuming you do not want to do that (so you do not lose your customization), here is how you get "Search":

Choose the top-level Guide item (the parent of "Guide", "Favorite", "To be recorded", etc.), and choose Add..., Library item.  Name it "Search".  Under Options, choose "Show search at file level".  Do not add any rules.  That is it!

To get "Series", add it as above, no Options.  Name it "Series".  Just under the Name box, click Add, and on the resulting dialog window, select "Library field" on the left, and choose "Series" from the "Select Field" box.  Click OK.  That is it.

Similarly to "Series", you can also create one for Genre, and other fields too.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:28 pm »

I keep a "Reference" Library just for the purpose of checking what was originally in MC menus and so on.

As per this post similar to your issue: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123862.msg857940.html#msg857940

"The best way to [recreate] your Guide View expressions is to create a new "Reference" Library, don't let it import anything, and then look in there how the Guide is set up in Theatre View in that Reference Library. Maybe take screenshots and copy all the formulas so that you don't have to retype them, which would be prone to error."

Do that for the Series and other Views as well.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
SOLVED - TV Guide search function as a 'call' option
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 07:52:43 am »

Many thanks to both of you Yaobing and RoderickGI!

Excellent suggestion.

I was unaware this feature was already within MC by default.
Somewhere down the learning proces i most have deleted something :-(

Cheers !

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 10:20:50 am »

For anyone who is interested in this subject, I updated the wiki on (Re-)setting up television guide in Theater View.

Kobayashi

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 07:20:36 am »

Would you say that this wiki page has the complete info on this topic?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 03:22:45 pm »

It looks pretty complete to me. Just don't miss Step 3. That could do with an image, perhaps, but the words are sufficient.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up