INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No cover art in Designs - though correctly embedded  (Read 473 times)

Morley

• Recent member
No cover art in Designs - though correctly embedded
« on: February 03, 2020, 11:46:16 am »

Strange problem since I don't know when - I only noticed it just now:

Although cover art is embedded correctly in the individual files (i.e. no 'folder.jpg' for the album) it only shows up in the 'Tag Editor' section. If I choose the separate view via Ctrl+6 in any Design (e.g. Noire), I don't see the cover art but the common no-cover-art placeholder.

Not too long ago it worked properly, and as far as I know I didn't change anything relevant in the meantime.

Can anyone help?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No cover art in Designs - though correctly embedded
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:29:34 pm »

Pardon?

Ctrl+6 is the Detached Display function.

If Cover Art isn't showing in normal Views, then maybe the thumbnails database has had a problem. Try rebuilding thumbnails on a few files and see if it now works for them. Else search the forum for "Thumbnails Database Corruption" post by me. Oh, here is one: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114417.msg791523.html#msg791523

Otherwise, more information. Maybe a screenshot showing which View you are seeing the issue in?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Morley

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:05 am »

Sorry for being inaccurate: Yes, it's only the Detached Display (small or maximized) that doesn't grab the respective covers; Normal View is working. I've attached a screenshot.

Many thanks for your help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 12:48:12 pm »

Is it only certain files?  I'm wondering if we're failing to pull the image out of the file for some reason?

If it's only certain files, please email one to matt at jriver dot com.  Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »

The screenshot shows the track isn't playing. A Detached Display never shows the Cover Art when there is nothing playing, or when nothing has been played yet. It shows Cover Art for the previous track when something has been played, and then playback is stopped. This is the same way that Playing Now works, although the Cover Art is cleared from Playing Now when playback is stopped.

So are you saying that when you play a track only the musical note placeholder appears in the Detached Display, and not the Cover Art?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up