INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Setup does not populate channels  (Read 1189 times)

glincoop

• Recent member
TV Setup does not populate channels
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:21:05 pm »

I see the thread from last year but never read a solution The HTPC in my Master Bedroom just experienced the same issue. I thought in maybe a corruption of some sort as I was also unable to get to any of windows admin tools.

I restaged the machine today from a newly formatted HD with W10 Pro 1909. Sure enough, when setting up the MC24, restoring the license and setting up the tuner, no channels are found. The setup program sees the 4 tuners and all boxes are checked. When entering the scan function, I notice no tuners are listed in the popup window as it used to.

It seems to be related to the 1909 load and Net framework. Everything was working fine before this load. Are any corrections available?

The HTPC in the living room is running MC25 and there no issues except I had to change over to schedules direct or perc data. Looks like Rovi has had issues for a few days.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Setup does not populate channels
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 05:45:58 pm »

Silicondust tuner?  Did you follow their instructions?

EPG's were recently broken by Microsoft changes.  Please take a look at other threads here.

glincoop

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 06:03:51 pm »

Yes, I followed the directions. I've set these up for years. It is an HTPC with a Hauppauge 4 in one tuner card. As mentioned another similar unit with MC25 is not having the issue.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 06:16:14 pm »

Why are you running MC24 if you have MC25 on the other machine?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 06:17:04 pm »

Rovi is dead. Gone.

Windows 10 has broken channel scanning in earlier MC versions. The solution is to upgrade to MC26. Some fixes were in MC25 I think, but if you completely reinstalled MC25 on a new PC/HDD, you would see some issues as well.

Install MC26 in trial mode and check if it fixes the issues you are seeing.
Search the Television forum for discussion on the issue.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 06:57:03 pm »

I think Rovi is OK.  It's just the EPG service they provided to Microsoft that's gone now.

Rovi acquired TiVo and then adopted the TiVo name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TiVo_Corporation

glincoop

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 07:06:55 pm »

Response to Jim H. As I understand, I have to pay for a license for each machine. MC24 was working for a couple years on two other machines. When I rebuilt the living room unit, MC25 was available.

Roderick,

Thanks, I'll try that. I hate to pay the upgrade fee every year when MS breaks crap. That's most likely why they got out of the media center business.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:12:42 pm »

Channel scanning for DVB (and possibly ATSC) was broken by Windows 10 recent update.  We had to make changes in MC26 to make it work.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 08:02:42 pm »

As I understand, I have to pay for a license for each machine.

Nope.

Q: Can I install on more than one computer?
A: Yes, if it is the same operating system or if you have a Master License that works with all three operating systems.  During the two-week period after you have purchased or restored, you can use the Install Key you received to activate the program on your other computers.  You may use a single license for all your computers, within reason.

Reference: https://www.jriver.com/purchase.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up