INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio 500 and 600 support  (Read 1150 times)

JeffreyK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Rio 500 and 600 support
« on: April 29, 2003, 05:56:00 pm »

I have both a Rio 500 and a Rio 600 - I was playing around with connecting to them via MC9 in build 124 (I know, an old one) and, after downloading the plugins for the devices, things generally worked, although I was getting a lot of crashes.

Since I had been intending to upgrade, I downloaded build 162, uninstalled 124, installed 162, re-downloaded the plugins for the Rios and tried to use them.  

Now I get errors about the devices not being found and to check the drivers and that they are turned on.  Well, they are definitely on (and windows detects them according to the device list) and the drivers were working fine in build 124, so I believe this is related to something that changed in MC between these builds - does anyone else use either device and do they work for you?

Thanks!
Jeff

System info:
Media Center Registered 9.0.162 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 309 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive F: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rio 500 and 600 support
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 06:18:36 am »

JeffreyK,

I use them and they work fine for me.  The code for the 500 and the 600 are very different, so lets try to address them separately. Lets do the 600 first. Can you connect to the 600 using the software that came with the player?

Steve (JRiver)

JeffreyK

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 07:04:39 am »

I hadn't installed RioPort AudioManager since I never liked the program and it seemed to crash all the time.  

I just downloaded the newest version from rioport.com and installed it.  Both devices work fine with it (and I still hate the UI.  :) ).

After that test, I tried out MC9 again and this time both devices are recognized.  I have no idea what RAM installed that triggered this - drivers for both devices were already installed - but this might be worth investigation.  In any case, I am a happy user now and have transfered a number of files to each device with no problems.

I did notice one other issue - I had (in build 124) at some point checked the option in the handheld upload options to show queued files only.  This caused some difficulty since it appears that in build 162, this means you don't see any of the non-queued files, even when looking at the specific directory (not the root device directory), nor does the context menu option on the root device that implies it can toggle this state work to show the files - I had to queue a new file to get it to provide me a link to the options so that I could turn it off (luckily I remembered setting it, otherwise I would have been lost).

-Jeff

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 12:04:01 pm »

JeffreyK,

I am glad things are working out better for you. Please download the Plugins again (the same version) and the issue you have with the "Show Queued Files" should be resolved.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up