INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Quick Poll - Do you use digiguide?  (Read 2612 times)

Marko

OT - Quick Poll - Do you use digiguide?
« on: April 24, 2003, 02:57:23 am »

Got something on my mind ;)
No point even going there if I'm the only one using this though.

I'm thinking.....
"wouldn't it be cool if you could select a proggy from within digiguide and tell media scheduler to record it"

I started a thread in the digiguide forums too ;)
Marko's digiguide suggestion thread

wickesy

Re: OT - Quick Poll - Do you use digiguide?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 03:27:49 am »

Hi Marko,

I use Digiguide every day and in fact when I bought my new PC it was the first thing I re-installed  :D

I don't have a TV card yet but I am considering it and I agree with you - linking MC and Digiguide would be excellent.

Take care.

wickesy

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 04:35:28 am »

At some time plans were afoot to incorporate a guide into MC but I don't know how far they got and I doubt they will come to fruition before release.  There was also talk of using TVML or some such thing which is an XML TV listings application.  Again I don't know how far down the line this is...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 05:14:25 am »

DidiGuide 6.0 is the greatest.  I use it several times a day.

I used to think that the Guide that came with my ATI A-I-W video card was wonderful but it pales in comparision to DigiGuide.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Marko

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 05:24:11 am »

At some time plans were afoot to incorporate a guide into MC but I don't know how far they got and I doubt they will come to fruition before release.  There was also talk of using TVML or some such thing which is an XML TV listings application.  Again I don't know how far down the line this is...

Adam

I'd never expect this included before release, hence the OT. It is just something that's been on my "I wonder if..." list for a while now. I'm a paid up user of both MC and Digiguide, and to me, linking them seems a natural thing to be able to do. As both programs use plugin architecture, something I know less than nothing about I hasten to add, I thought I might shake the tree of possibilities and see what falls down. Do you use digiguide Adam?

That's 3 confirmed so far....
Anyone else?

I've also got a strong feeling that if this is at all possible, it will probably need to be handled primarily from the Digiguide side of things, so to that end, the more MC/digiguide users who add momentum to my thread over there, the better.

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 05:32:57 am »

I am also registered for both MC and Digiguide.

Since I have not changed my TV card since before I got MC, I still use Digiguide to control recording TV using the ATI-TV program which came with the card - I do not use the ATI scheduler.

I would rather a clean integration of Digiguide and MC, but have not had the time to try to make it work. :D

Also, since release 147, MC crashes my PC whenever I try to start to use it to watch TV - so I am currently better off as I am! :'(
RMB

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 05:39:42 am »

Another vote here for Digiguide + MC integration. I use it every day, much better than Skys offering.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 07:39:05 am »

I used to use Digiguide but haven't for a while.  Would definitely consider using it again if it could be itegrted with MC and used as a PVR.  I am very keen to get into Recording on my PC but I need to get a TV Tuner card and also probably a larger HD as I will quickly run out of space ;D
I think the key advantage of integrating digiguide with MC is that it has listings for lots of countries not just US.  Being in the UK this would be very important to me as a US TV Guide would be no good at all :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Paul Webster

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 03:33:40 pm »

By popular demand ...  ;D I have the basics working with DigiGuide.

However, I had not seen Media Jukebox before today - so please forgive me these innocent questions ...

• Do all users have Media Scheduler (I see it described as "Plus" - which implied to me that it costs extra)
  • Does anyone else see issue with Media Scheduler that if you enter more than one item into it, then Close it down (comletely exit) and then restart then all but the first item are marked as "Passed"? (is this perhaps a limit of an unregistered copy?)

Paul Webster

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 04:46:13 am »

Hi Paul;

Welcome to our site: you're going to love working with all the great people on Interact.

MC9 is a WONDERFUL product.

>> Do all users have Media Scheduler (I see it described as "Plus" - which implied to me that it costs extra) <<

The Plus version is the same exact MC9 as the FREE version except if you don't pay for MC9 the PLUS features become inactive after 30 days... true shareware at its finest.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Paul Webster

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 11:09:45 am »

OK - first cut now released at here

Given that I don't have any TV hardware ... I hope you understand that it is not extensively tested.
Paul Webster

Marko

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2003, 11:34:31 am »

Nice one Paul. Thanks for taking this one on.

Been playing with it this evening without too much joy I'm sorry to report. I've sent an e-mail and will continue my fiddling until you return from your break.

Exciting stuff!!!

Anyone else had a look-see yet?

__Alchemist__

• Kplamm!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2003, 12:14:04 pm »

Paul - that is very cool - thanks!

Now I can get windows media encoder to automatically record :-)!

Alex
(another Digiguide user)
Pages: [1]   Go Up