INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is "edit" grayed out?  (Read 762 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Why is "edit" grayed out?
« on: February 04, 2020, 12:56:21 pm »

Running latest build, trying to delete "TC Compliation" from my custom search list but "edit" is grayed out, why?

Thanks
TC

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Why is "edit" grayed out?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 06:13:36 pm »

Because you have selected "All Search list (10)" instead of "TC Compilations?

The "All Search list (10)" is an automatically added part of the View, and not editable like your specific searches. But I don't have a View set up like the one you are using, so I could be wrong.  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 08:09:37 pm »

I have also tried edit on the individual search lists, doesn't work there either, in fact cant edit anything in regards to catagories either, this almost renders MC26 useless to me.

Edit does work on other custom searches and headers under my images and video tabs but not music.

Really need this to get fixed.

Thanks
TC

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 08:49:33 pm »

Harking back to our original discussion on the View that you are using, https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118906.0.html, I assume that you can just delete the saved Search in the same way it was created.

See attached image.

Were you able to delete a saved Search from within the Pane View in the past? As I said, I don't use saved Searches the way you do, so I don't know if deletes or edits used to work. If they did, but don't now, at least you have a workaround by deleting the saved Search.

Okay, that was all wrong.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 08:56:42 pm »

Hang on. I'm playing with a View like yours. Maybe those Searches are defined in the View, and don't related to the Load/Save Searches used in the top right corner search box... checking.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 09:23:15 pm »

Okay, I built a View like yours using MC25.0.115. Now I can see what you mean. I can right-click on a Search List item > Pane > Edit and that will open a dialogue that allows me to edit or remove Search List items. See the first and second attached images.

I don't have MC26 installed on the PC I am using, so can't check the functionality in there.

Have you tried just using the "Customise View" functionality, selecting the Search List item, clicking the Edit button, selecting the "TC Compilations" item, and then clicking the Remove button? That should do the same thing, as it takes you to the same dialogue box as the right-click > Pane > Edit functionality that works in MC25.0.115.

I will have to check MC26 functionality later, unless someone else checks first and confirms the issue. But at least you should be able to fix the issue using the Customise View functionality.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 06:46:41 am »

Got it to work by making a copy of the "music" view and checking the "use parent scheme rules" box.

Why it wasn't working before and now it does with those few changes is beyond me, but like it said it is now working correctly.

TC

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 12:44:22 pm »

I'm guessing the view is "Locked"?

Open the customise current view tool, in the middle, look under "Advanced"... If "Lock View" is ticked, then you get exactly as shown in your first screenshot when you click on the column header.

-marko

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 02:33:51 pm »

I'm guessing the view is "Locked"?

Ah yes. Because the search list are part of the View definition, they can't be removed if the View is locked. Makes sense.

Then copying the original View to a new one and not locking the new View, Search List items could be removed from the View again.

Thanks Marko. As I said, I don't use Views with a Search List, so I was guessing a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up