INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Can MC26 Be Made to Respond to Remote Control "STOP" Command?  (Read 715 times)

IAM4UK

• World Citizen

Previous versions of MC could STOP playback when I pressed STOP on my Harmony Remote. MC26 does not do this anymore. Can it be "taught" how to do this?

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How Can MC26 Be Made to Respond to Remote Control "STOP" Command?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 04:56:34 pm »

I use a Harmony 650 and don't have a problem with the stop button working. I have it programmed to send the stop command from the "Media Center PC SE" dataset.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:24:59 pm »

The Stop button doesn't need any programming in MC to work on a Harmony Remote. If you clear any "Learned Trigger Code" in MC for the Stop button it should start working again.

However, you have done some non-standard setup on your Harmony, haven't you?
The "STOP" command works from keyboard (CTRL+s), but does not work from Harmony remote for a button that sends CTRL+s.
This does work in MC25.
from https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123399.msg854804.html#msg854804

I have used Harmony remotes with Media Center for as long as I've had MC (since about version 16...). Only more recently (version 23 onward), I took the time to program the Keyboard Hot-keys [https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys] for certain transport controls to the appropriate Harmony Remote buttons (e.g. STOP, SKIP...).

These no longer work in MC26. That is, the Hot-keys still work from a keyboard, but no longer from the any Harmony Remote that has those commands programmed into its buttons. Has anyone else experienced similar anomalies with these? Is there a solution?

So you have probably broken the standard Harmony and MC functionality. It probably worked previously because you had updated the Resource.xml file with the Hot Key you needed.

You need to fix what you changed. Using the standard functionality, as Davelr is, is the easiest solution.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 04:22:42 pm »

Thanks, I have the Harmony set to send MC SE "STOP" now, but MC doesn't respond. I will try to figure out how to clear a "learned trigger code..."

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 04:58:52 pm »

I verified that no "learned trigger code" was present in MC26 as I have it configured.
MC 26 won't respond to ANY transport controls from Harmony remote with Windows MC SE as the "device" in the "activity," or at all.

MC 25 does respond to the transport commands.

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 05:08:53 pm »

SOLVED.

The remote control IR interface for the computer has a TSR program that had to be modified to include specifically version 26 of Media Center in its own settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up