INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DTS-HD MA (and DTS-X bitstreaming) not working as expected  (Read 1068 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DTS-HD MA (and DTS-X bitstreaming) not working as expected
« on: February 04, 2020, 10:35:50 pm »

I am seeing some unexpected behaviour in my system.
DTS-HD MA and DTS-X seems to only bitstream when the Yes: HDMI setting is selected. It doesn't work when the DTS-HD only is selected under custom controls. I tried checking DTS as well as DTS-HD MA. In contrast, TrueHD/ATMOS bitstreams even with just TrueHD checked.

I have some Zoneswitch rules engaged so that if my custom Audio Codec field or the compression fields contain "DTS-X" or "ATMOS", then the bitstream zone is engaged. Under the configuration of this bitstream zone I had set only DTS-HD and TrueHD to bitstream, thus ensuring that regular TrueHD and DTS-HD MA were processed through the MC engine and JRSS. I believe it was all working perfectly, but not with build 20 I am seeing the above behaviour. Fortunately, because of my Zoneswitch rules, I can leave the HDMI bitstreaming on and still achieve exactly what I want. Nonetheless the behaviour is incorrect as far as I can tell, and should still work without Zoneswitch.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: DTS-HD MA (and DTS-X bitstreaming) not working as expected
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:27 pm »

Unchecking any of the formats (except DSD, of course) breaks the DTS-HD bitstreaming ability.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 12:53:26 am »

DTS-HD only works if DTS is also checked, since they are practically the same stream with different data (DTS-HD can be deactivated seperately for devices which don't support HD, so only the "Core" is being bitstreamed then), but none of the other have any impact on it.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:42:46 am »

DTS-HD only works if DTS is also checked, since they are practically the same stream with different data (DTS-HD can be deactivated seperately for devices which don't support HD, so only the "Core" is being bitstreamed then), but none of the other have any impact on it.

That makes perfect sense, but doesn't address the issue that bitstreaming DTS-HD formats is broken if ANY of the formats (except DSD) are unchecked, even if DTS and DTS-HD are checked.

*At least in my setup, where it was working before. I’ll try build 15 again and see whether it is fixed again.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 09:41:17 pm »

Even simple DTS will not bitstream if even AC3 only is unchecked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up