INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playlist In Theater View, Control via Gizmo  (Read 373 times)

donlboy

• World Citizen
Video Playlist In Theater View, Control via Gizmo
« on: February 05, 2020, 12:00:39 pm »

I have some short video clips that I frequently use to demonstrate various aspects of my system - surround, music, visual, etc. - to interested guests. I have these in a playlist and would like to step through them in sequence. However, I have a problem:

I like to do the whole demo, usually both music and video clips, seated in my theater seat. I use Gizmo to do this (I love Gizmo!). When I start the first clip (or any clip in the playlist) from Gizmo only that clip is in Playing Now. I cannot jump to the next clip using >>, since no other clips are there. To play the next clip I have to go back to the playlist (Home/Playlists/Playlist Group/Selected Playlist) and select the next clip, etc., etc. This makes for a rather "unprofessional/unimpressive" demo. If I start the playlist from MC by going to my HTPC then the whole playlist is visible in Gizmo and I can step through it just fine. But getting up and fiddling at the HTPC is even less conducive to a good demo. This problem does not exist with music, only with videos. I start music playlists from my seat using Gizmo and step through the whole playlist just fine. I have worked around this by putting the video clips into the music playlist, then it works fine, but I like to keep the playlists separate for other use. So, it works OK with only music, and with mixed music and videos, but does not work with videos only.

If this is a setting problem I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Same if it is a procedure (the nut behind the wheel) problem. If it is working as designed I suggest a feature change to make the video function work the same as the audio.

donlboy

• World Citizen
Re: Video Playlist In Theater View, Control via Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:08:33 am »

Any ideas appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up