INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zones and Wifi Speakers  (Read 554 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Zones and Wifi Speakers
« on: February 08, 2020, 10:49:52 am »

Hi,

I recently bought a Ikea/Sonos wifi speaker for background music or for times when I just don't want to turn on my regular HiFi. I created a zone for the speaker and everything works great playing from my home office computer to whatever room the wifi speaker are!

It works so good and now I'm going to return the Ikea speaker and get a better one (looking at Sono or Audio Pro)
Connected to my Hifi system I have a dedicated computer and via an USB DAC I'm listening that way. I have now been thinking create another zone for a little more audiophile listening on my hifi running the music from my office computer.

My questions is the Wifi Speaker JRiver runs on Direct Sound but for the USB DAC I need Wasapi. Also when playing playlists I found out that volume leveling does not work when using zones sadly as I often create playlists from different Cd's.

Is there a way to work around these two matters? I'm using JR 24 and will gladly upgrade if I need to.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Re: Zones and Wifi Speakers
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 11:24:52 am »

Anyone?

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 07:47:52 am »

Six days, 109 visitors but no answers or expenations. Just wnt to know if I can use wasapi on one zone and direct sound on another.......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 08:07:14 am »

Yes.  Did you try it?

The wiki has a topic on Zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up