INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTPC always forgets to start with the right / NAS library...  (Read 403 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
HTPC always forgets to start with the right / NAS library...
« on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:18 am »

I have a NAS that I access from two PCs with 26.0.22.
On both PC's there is a local library, just for the sake of completeness. But both library are empty.
One PC always starts with the library with which it was closed before.
The second PC always forgets to start the NAS library/ the library with which it was closed before. Unfortunately this "faulty" PC is my HTPC.
What do I have to do so that the HTPC behaves exactly like the other PC?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HTPC always forgets to start with the right / NAS library...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:29:02 pm »

The setting to uncheck is at "Options > Startup > Library > Always load default library". Turn that off an MC will always open the last Library it had open when it is restarted.

But you don't have the Library that both PCs stored on the NAS do you? You aren't using two PCs to open one Library on the NAS are you?

If so, you will see performance issues as MC new fast access to the Library it opens. If both PCs try to open the one Library at the same time, you are likely to corrupt the Library. Libraries should be stored on fast local drives, preferably an SSD, as MC does a lot of work in the Library files often, particularly when tagging, importing, analysing audio, etc.

Library: Means the set of files that index your media files.
Media Files: Means your music, videos, images, etc.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

High-End

• World Citizen
Re: HTPC always forgets to start with the right / NAS library...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 12:50:26 am »

Ah, thats it ;-)
Thank you!
I have searched for the hook in the settings, but did not find it.

But yes, I use centralized audio files and Library. I think I have to used it that way. I often find tags I have to correct. And I want to correct these only one time and not from the two workstation I use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up