INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with rule in custom view for my music collection to skip level  (Read 703 times)

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck

I created a custom view that groups music releases by type, i.e., Album, Single, Compilation, Live.  I used the "Custom" tag field to identify the releases.  It is very useful for navigating and displaying an artist's entire discography.  But there are a few artists that only have 1 or 2 albums and I don't want/need the extra level.  So, I am looking for a rule that basically skips this Custom View if if the "Custom" tag field is empty.  I've tried a bunch of different things but I'm just not good at this stuff.  Can anyone help???!!!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with rule in custom view for my music collection to skip level
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 07:10:50 am »

In Standard View (the regular MC GUI on a computer), there is no "category skip" functionality.

However, Theater View does this automatically.  If a category is empty, it just skips down to the next level.

Good luck.

Brian.

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:32:53 am »

In Standard View (the regular MC GUI on a computer), there is no "category skip" functionality.

However, Theater View does this automatically.  If a category is empty, it just skips down to the next level.

Good luck.

Brian.

Thanks.  I noticed that JRemote also skips a category if it's empty.  I was trying to create a rule in my view that would accomplish this:  if "Custom" empty then display "Album".  I can't figure it out!

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 07:44:38 pm »

You can stop trying.  Standard View unfortunately lacks this lovely feature.  I leverage it all the time in Theater View.  Yes you're right, JRemote has it too.  It's just Standard that's left out.

It's been requested before the feature be added to Standar View, at least optionally, but JRiver doesn't seem interested in helping us out with this.

Chauncey

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 01:17:13 pm »

You can stop trying.  Standard View unfortunately lacks this lovely feature.  I leverage it all the time in Theater View.  Yes you're right, JRemote has it too.  It's just Standard that's left out.

It's been requested before the feature be added to Standar View, at least optionally, but JRiver doesn't seem interested in helping us out with this.

Thank you for the info.  I stopped trying!
Pages: [1]   Go Up