INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 26.0.28 -- Available Here  (Read 964 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 26.0.28 -- Available Here
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:38:48 pm »

Preview build 26.0.28 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

26.0.28 (2/12/2020)

1. Fixed: .m3u and .m3u8 playlists with non-unix file paths were not working (Requires removing then re-importing the playlists).
2. NEW: (Android TV) Added Radio Paradise channels to the Services section.

26.0.27 (2/11/2020)

1. NEW: (Android TV) Added a simple implementation of Cloudplay.

26.0.26 (2/7/2020)

1. Fixed: (Android TV) Video playback wasn't working with a loaded library server that didn't require authentication.
2. Fixed: (Android TV) After successfully loading a library server, the main page wasn't displaying the loaded library's view scheme properly.

26.0.25 (2/7/2020)

1. Fixed: Possible crash in the import activity.

26.0.24 (2/6/2020)

1. Fixed: (Mobile) Leaving the video player would sometimes trigger a new instance of it because it was getting called twice.
2. NEW: (Mobile) Added an option to import a folder to the main menu.

26.0.23 (2/5/2020)

1. Fixed: (Mobile) Video playback position wasn't getting restored when a library was loaded.
2. Fixed: (Mobile) If the app was put into the background while video was playing, the video player wouldn't get restored when bringing the app back to the foreground.

26.0.22 (2/4/2020)

1. Fixed: (Mobile) In certain instances, the video player window was not getting created.
2. Changed: (Mobile) If a video is the current playing media type, going to the playing now page will open the video player.
3. Changed: (Mobile) The video player will try to restore the playback position when it resumes if the file hasn't changed.

26.0.21 (1/28/2020)

1. Fixed: (Android TV) Load library was calling the wrong activity.
2. NEW: (Android TV) Implemented ExoPlayer for video playback.

26.0.20 (1/27/2020)

1. Fixed: Functions that required SSL could crash the app.

26.0.17 (1/10/2020)

1. Fixed: Image and video playback to the local player zone were not working when a library server was loaded.
2. Fixed: (Android TV) The app could crash when selecting the Load Library option.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver for Android 26.0.28 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 05:09:56 pm »

I'm getting crashes when I try to play anything from Cloudplay.  I didn't find anywhere to enter login and password for Cloudplay.

I don't see Services anywhere, so I don't see Radio Paradise.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 08:48:57 pm »

Upgraded to JR4A 26.0.28.
At least 30 seconds wait on opening JR4A with just a white screen displayed, before the top menu turned up.

Says the main library is loaded, but below the top menu (and above the Android 9 navigation buttons) is just white screen.

Reloading main library has same result.

Closing JR4A and reopening results in correct library load with media.

Cloudplay then shows up. Username and Password requested. Playlists show up. Playback works to local device.

Playing Now looks fine, but doesn't have any Cover Art for first three files. I thin it should have. Source Cloudplay.
Later tracks have Cover Art.
Selecting later tracks and Cover Art displays correctly. Slow. So slow in fact that Android piped up a "JRiver for Android isn't responding" message, which I just left on screen initially.
When screen dims playback paused briefly.
When screen went to sleep first time playback stopped, but on re-awakening phone, playback continued after screen slept.
Told Android to wait for JR4A. The screen refreshed okay and playback continued without pause.
At current track end, screen slept and playback stopped without going to next track.
Woke phone. Playback continued, intermittently. Kept getting three to five second pauses with screen blank.
Every time I wake the screen, Cover Art is refreshed instead of the screen just showing what it had before sleeping.
Ongoing pauses. It seems that the popup message made JR4A work better with Android sleep modes.
Sometimes music just starts again with screen asleep, even after pausing for a long time. Like 30 seconds. Could be because I moved the phone?
Switching in and out of Playing Now sees Cover Art thumbnails refreshed, slowly, every time.

Radio JRiver shows up, but no buttons respond. Android says app is not responding again. Android is correct. I can't get any response at all, even after waiting a long time.
Killed JR4A, but notification remains... then Classical music starts to play! It seems Radio JRiver was just taking a veeerrryyy long time to respond. Trying again...
Opened JR4A > Radio JRiver > Try Me. Music played after a while, but there was no indication that something was happening before playback started.
Screen slept. Playback continued.
Waking screen show streaming group, and refreshes Playlists button again. Slept. Repeat refresh.
First track no Cover Art or thumbnail. Other thumbnails refresh slowly.
Slept. Refresh. Getting pretty annoying.
Playback Veerrryy slow to switch to next track. Android says App not responding. Next tracks starts playing anyway. Restarts again. Pauses a bit. Restarts. Screen blanks and playback continues.
Wake screen. Click Wait on popup message. Playing Now doesn't refresh and playback continues. :)
Screen slept. Refresh on wake.
Stop. Nack button slow to respond out of Playing Now. Search accidently activated. Wait popup message. Screen slept.

So technically it all works. But it isn't a great Use Experience.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 09:44:26 am »

I'm getting crashes when I try to play anything from Cloudplay.  I didn't find anywhere to enter login and password for Cloudplay.

This will be fixed in the next build

I don't see Services anywhere, so I don't see Radio Paradise.

Based on the time of your post, you were probably running 26.0.27

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:17 am »

I was.
Pages: [1]   Go Up