INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download Image From File Server  (Read 412 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Download Image From File Server
« on: February 15, 2020, 12:36:04 pm »

I tried the new Download From File Server option to download an image to my client in client/server mode. The file downloaded, but the naming of the downloaded file is problematic.  The folder is named with the date and time of the image. The file is named MediaFile and has a file type of File. I would expect the file to have the same name as the original file and to have the same file type as the original file, in this case a filename of P1070997a and a filetype of jpg.

In addition, when I downloaded several images at one time, each image got its own folder, with one file in each folder. The folders are each named with the image date and time. The files all had the name MediaFile and a type of File.  I would expect all the files to be in the same directory with, again, each file named with the original file name and the original file type.

In this form, the option is not particularly useful to download a group of files.  Any suggestions?

MC 26.0.22 on Windows 10.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Download Image From File Server
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:35:52 am »

I agree that the naming isn't working real well.

We'll try this next build:
Changed: Download from library server uses the original filename instead of building an unhelpful name.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 09:48:57 am »

Thanks Matt. 

Also, the file type is not the same as the original.  For my images, the file type is file rather than jpeg.

And, each file gets a separate folder, which is not very useful. I want to move about 100 images and each one in a separate folder is pretty cumbersome.  For music, I would assume they should go in an album folder.  Any thoughts on image folders?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:52:13 am »

Let's just see how it goes when you get the new build.  For me it was creating a [Year] folder and downloading into that.  It uses the rule in Options > File Location > Images for the image download.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 11:31:53 am »

Yes, the image directory was set to [Date] not [Year].  I was assuming it was using the original file structure from the tags, not the one in File Locations. So, that should work, although the original file structure may also be useful, especially if it is not the same as in File Location.

Still need the file type to be set to that of the original file - in this case jpeg.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up