INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlists, sorting and refresh  (Read 807 times)

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
Smartlists, sorting and refresh
« on: April 30, 2003, 05:31:57 am »

There seem to be a few issues with the way that Smartlists are handled when refreshed and while songs are playing.

1. As songs play, the smartlist is not updated.

Example: I display "Top Hits -- listened to today." As each song ends, the Smartlist is not updated automatically with the new song.

Workaround: Press F5 to refresh the list.  This however exposes a sorting bug:

2. When refreshing a Smartlist using F5, the sorting order reverts back to the default sort order.

Example: Click on a column (that currently is not sorted in any way) to sort by that column.  You will see an arrow followed by the number "1".  Now press F5.  The list will be refreshed, but the original saved sort order will be used.

---

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to play songs, use the "Listened to today" Smartlist, sort by "Last Played" and then rate my songs after I've listened to them.  It would be best if the list was refreshed after a change was made to a songs tag, no matter what change was made.  This would force the list to update when a song is rated, played or somehow altered and your Smartlists would always be up to date.

As it stands now, after each song, I have to press F5 to refresh the list, and then click on the "Last Played" column.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up