INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can not play (DLNA problem)  (Read 679 times)

zzeitg

• Recent member
Can not play (DLNA problem)
« on: February 17, 2020, 12:10:47 pm »

I can not play music from MacBook Air to AVR (Sony).

I`ve configured the Media controller/server/renderer (Generic DLNA) same way like I did before on my PC.

While playback from PC to AVR works fine, I keep getting following message when trying to play from Mac to AVR:
"There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server, and network settings."

(Same results when I tried different servers instead of Generic DLNA.)

Is there anything special what has to be considered and set in Media Center or in MacBook settings in order to use this function?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can not play (DLNA problem)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:24:10 am »

I can not play music from MacBook Air to AVR (Sony).

I`ve configured the Media controller/server/renderer (Generic DLNA) same way like I did before on my PC.

While playback from PC to AVR works fine, I keep getting following message when trying to play from Mac to AVR:
"There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, server, and network settings."

(Same results when I tried different servers instead of Generic DLNA.)

Is there anything special what has to be considered and set in Media Center or in MacBook settings in order to use this function?
What is your rendering device?
What type of content?
Have you checked the firewall?
If you are pushing content to the AVR the information is sent to the AVR then it requests the file. It's possible the fire request is being blocked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up