INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search function returns inconsistent results  (Read 535 times)

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
Search function returns inconsistent results
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:28:06 am »

When I search the library using the expression "album=", I often get nothing relevant. When instead I simply use the album name in quotes, e.g. "Primitivo Soul!", I'll get what I'm looking for. Furthermore, the fuzzy logic doesn't work consistently, e.g. I search "Primitivo Soul" without the possessive apostrophe, MC won't return what I'm looking for. This has been an issue for me over the last 5-6 versions at least. I frequently use this function, and it is a bit of a headache.

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
Re: Search function returns inconsistent results
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:36:07 am »

..."without the possessive apostrophe" should be "...without exclamation mark" instead. Same thing with apostrophes. Search seems rather picky.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 04:50:21 pm »

It is working exactly as expected for me. As per https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language

Take careful note of the Quoting and Anchoring section, and the use of " and [].

What version of MC are you using? i.e. MC26.0.22
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 04:20:33 am »

I'm using 26.0.24.

Thanks for pointing me to the Wiki. It clarifies (or complicates) the search process for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up