INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Problem with my Receiver  (Read 468 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Weird Problem with my Receiver
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:10:35 am »

This is new.

When I play JRiver on my Mac - I output via USB to an Oppo DAC and then analog out to RCA inputs on my Marantz.

I had no problem until today.   When I played JRiver songs, there was no audio coming from my receiver regardless of music file format (DSD, mp3, etc).   After checking everything I concluded the Oppo DAC failed.   

Then I wanted to check something on the receiver menu system and I turned on the TV so I could view the receiver menus.   About 2 or 3 minutes later, the JRiver audio came on !!!! 

I turned the TV off and the audio went off.   TV back on -->  Audio back on !!!

What in the world does the TV have to do with the Audio?  I just have right and left RCA analog inputs from the DAC.....and no HDMI need whatsoever.

[ I realize this may be a Marantz issue, but I thought I'd throw it out here]

UPDATE:  It occurred to me it may be a CEC control issue with the TV HDMI....so I checked the TV and control was ON.   I turned control off and the receiver power stayed on but the audio went OFF [ARGH]  --- I turned it back on [audio came on again] and checked CEC in the receiver.   It was off.

UPDATE #2 - Solved.   I pulled the plug on the receiver and waited a minute.......plugged it in and all is well again.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up