INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organizing Album Art in JRiver...  (Read 390 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Organizing Album Art in JRiver...
« on: February 22, 2020, 10:47:12 pm »

Hi, I'm organizing JRiver album cover files on my computer and I have some questions. Its been several years since I've messed with these settings. Existing settings are: "Audio Mode: In a Specified Folder", with "Also Store Image in a File's Tag" checked. I mostly just use the Album Cover as the only image.

1) I have a folder called "Temp Album Art". What is this for? Can I delete it? It is not listed in Options > File Locations. Some, but not many, of the album cover files in it are recent.

2) Any advice on how to safely do the "Clean Cover Art Folder" found in Options > File Locations > Cover Art? It looks dangerous, like it may delete stuff without telling you.

I found this:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art#Cleaning_the_Cover_Art_Folder

3) What is the current view on how to use extra images like "Album Back Cover" or "Artist" images in JRiver?

Thanks!

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Organizing Album Art in JRiver...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 05:44:01 am »

From my experience if the cover art is stored in the file's tag then the image stored in the cover art folder becomes superfluous. Running the Clean Cover Art option does what it says and removes these. They end up in the recycle bin so if you start with an empy bin you can easily see which ones it has removed as part of the process and allows you to check these against your library for any adverse effects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up