INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 for Mac not dealing with special characters during move/copy using f6  (Read 1056 times)

pseudoelvis

• Recent member

OK moved some albums around tonight and found a bug in the move/copy function when encountering long filenames and unusual unicode characters.

It appears that when there is a special unicode character (as in Blue Öyster Cult or Beyoncé, for example) that the move occurs mostly correct, but the DB doesn't get properly updated to the new location. There are a few issues:
1. The songs are moved, but treated like there is another file of the same name in the destination, i.e. a '(1)' is added to the filename, even though there is not a file in the directory. For example, the file 'Blue Öyster Cult - Blue Oyster Cult - d1t10 - Redeemed.flac' was moved to the new location as 'Blue Öyster Cult - Blue Oyster Cult - d1t10 - Redeemed (1).flac'
2. This spits out the following log:
Tagging error: /Volumes/Multimedia/Music/Blue Öyster Cult/Blue Oyster Cult/Blue Öyster Cult - Blue Oyster Cult - d1t10 - Redeemed.flac
 3. A pointer is created in the media library, however it is not updated to the proper location, rather it strips the '(1) off, expecting the proper filename I suppose.
4. The old pointer in the media library is not deleted.
5. Possibly related, there is a file that contains no special characters that chokes too, presumably due to length.
Tagging error: /Volumes/Multimedia/Music/The Beatles/Abbey Road (Super Deluxe Edition)/The Beatles - Abbey Road (Super Deluxe Edition) - d1t38 - The Long One (You Never Give Me Your Money - Sun King - Mean Mr Mustard  - Her Majesty - Polythene Pam - She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - Golden Slumbers - Carry That Weight - The End).wav

When I run the import function, it does fix the broken pointers, however I now have a bunch of '(1)' artifacts, and I dare not move the files again with f6.

Enclosing log output after move and after re-import for reference.
-Shane

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC26 for Mac not dealing with special characters during move/copy using f6
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 03:50:17 pm »

I think you are correct. I've helped others with issues created by this problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pseudoelvis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 06:01:41 pm »

Confirmed for sure to be in the 'Move' function, I did a rename and that did not create the same naming anomaly (putting (1) after filename) as the move function does. Don't know about Copy.
-Shane

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 01:18:47 pm »

What is the filesystem on the device
/Volumes/Multimedia ?

pseudoelvis

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »

It is a QNAP NAS accessed over a Thunderbolt IP connection, I presume using an underlying Windows 10 mount (SMB/CIFS type) for my windows box, and MacOS SMB for the MacPro. If you would like to look at the machines directly, I'd be glad to connect with you and set up a mechanism to let you poke around on the machines.
-Shane

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 03:01:55 pm »

It is a QNAP NAS accessed over a Thunderbolt IP connection, I presume using an underlying Windows 10 mount (SMB/CIFS type) for my windows box, and MacOS SMB for the MacPro. If you would like to look at the machines directly, I'd be glad to connect with you and set up a mechanism to let you poke around on the machines.
I have a QNAP here.
It's likely to be something like the charset mapping done on the mount.

pseudoelvis

• Recent member

OK, looks like something has gone wrong with the handling of the Thunderbolt interface in this build of Windows, it occurs on the Thunderbolt mount with Explorer and TeraCopy. I'll open a bug with the windows dev team and see what gives.

I remapped using the Ethernet interface and got 70MB/s and JRiver worked like a charm after that  :)

-Shane
-Shane
Pages: [1]   Go Up