INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC26 'Complete Album' breaks for multiple file types in same directory  (Read 615 times)

pseudoelvis

• Recent member

OK, so I have a bunch of albums where I have multiple versions of the album in FLAC, MP3, and WAV.

Originally I was storing all the files in the same directory, but tonight I noticed that the 'Complete Album' function would not recognize the albums as complete unless the files were isolated from each other in separate directories. Apparently, the logic disqualifies the album if two or more versions of the album is stored in the same directory using identical file names (except for the extensions).

As these files are differentiated because of their extensions, it would be great if I could store them all in the same directory so I could keep them together by Artist/Album rather than having to artificially separate them by file type.

Thoughts?
-Shane

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC26 'Complete Album' breaks for multiple file types in same directory
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 06:36:31 am »

Take a look at the Stacks feature.  It's on the wiki.

pseudoelvis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 05:56:46 pm »

Hi Jim,

I apologize for an unclear inquiry, I am aware of Stacks, but viewing the albums separately is not my issue. What I am asking is if the 'Complete Album' function can be made aware of file type as well so all of the files can be stored in the same directory structure. 

It appears that having 2 or more versions of the same album in the same directory breaks the ability of MC to determine it is a full album and therefore none of the albums in that directory are marked as 'Complete Album'.

For example, if I have 1 full version of the album in MP3 and 1 in FLAC, and I store all of the files in the same directory, neither version shows as a Complete Album. However, if I move the FLAC files to a different directory, they both show up now as having the Complete Album bit set.

Hopefully this is a bit more easy to decipher :-).
-Shane

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 06:41:44 pm »

Got it.  Let me test in a bit and I'll follow up.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 08:09:35 am »

I'll make this change to build 29 and newer:
Changed: When checking for complete albums, the system will allow one or two duplicate album listings (side-by-side conversions) in the same folder.

Thanks for the help!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up