INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug report: Crash occurs, possibly related to missing/deleted/moving files  (Read 701 times)

MattA

• Recent member

I'm seeing fairly frequent crashes that don't seem to be reproducible by me doing any particular sequence of actions, but they do seem to occur after I have deleted or moved files (always within MC by way of Rename or Delete).  I am also frequently ripping a CD when the crash occurs.  I have background auto-import turned on (i.e. default).

Running 26.0.26 but this was also happening on the previous 26 release.

I'm trying MC out again after a long hiatus, so I'm doing lots of new-user things: ripping, moving files, tagging, etc.

Let me know if I can deliver more detailed crash info for macOS and I can likely get it.

I just turned background auto-import off to see if that will cure things.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

The most frequent cause of crashes is when MC finds a bad file during auto import.

Your log however does not seem to show that.  The end of the log shows a bunch of lyrics lookups that have failed.  That wouldn't seem to be a problem.  But I'm just an end user.  I'm not very educated on the internals of MC.

Maybe someone else can see something in the log that is unusual.

Good luck.
Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

That crash might be because we weren't checking for a NULL (deleted) file object.  I fixed it for a coming build and we'll see.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MattA

• Recent member

That crash might be because we weren't checking for a NULL (deleted) file object.  I fixed it for a coming build and we'll see.  Thanks.

Thanks Matt, makes sense...really, I've worked in C++ for 25+ years.  :-)

For what it is worth, I don't think I've seen a single crash since I turned off background auto-import.

bob

• Administrator

Also you might try turning off the lyrics lookup to see if there is an issue with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up