Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

NEW: Media Center 26 Update for IdNUC and IdPi

<< < (7/9) > >>

gabeg:
I think I'm having Memory Play Issues again when using the Pi4 as a renderer. The host server does not disable the audio buffer in the DLNA section and have selected "load file into memory".  When using the resource monitor the memory usage doesn't change. No matter how big the file is.  Any thoughts? Is there another resource monitor i can try on the pi?

If memory play isn't working i don't want to add wear and tear to the SD card.

bob:

--- Quote from: gabeg on May 19, 2020, 12:51:58 pm ---I think I'm having Memory Play Issues again when using the Pi4 as a renderer. The host server does not disable the audio buffer in the DLNA section and have selected "load file into memory".  When using the resource monitor the memory usage doesn't change. No matter how big the file is.  Any thoughts? Is there another resource monitor i can try on the pi?

If memory play isn't working i don't want to add wear and tear to the SD card.

--- End quote ---
Is the Media Network setting Disable Audio buffer to disk on?
That prevents buffering to disk and should be on by default on the IdPi.

gabeg:
It's not disabled but from my understanding if you're using memory play it will buffer to ram. Also, if I did want to avoid it buffering to the sdcard (and not ram), would you disable on the renderer or the ID that feeds the renderer.

--- Quote from: bob on November 07, 2019, 03:13:49 pm ---I should have caught this before....
With the audio buffer disabled (in Media Network options) the incoming file will not be buffered on the MC renderer at all, it's using only the TCP window size for buffering.
When that's not disabled the buffered reader is used. This will be to the sdcard or memory depending on whether or not the play from memory is set as you have found.

--- End quote ---

gabeg:
There's definitely something not working.  The only way memory play works is if the file on the renderer. In the past the renderer was able to play from ram regardless if the file came from the server or not.

gabeg:
any thoughts on this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version