INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: . . . and an organizing issue  (Read 885 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
. . . and an organizing issue
« on: March 01, 2020, 12:41:41 pm »

My files are doubled up in MC. The filename shows that the same track has a path both to my MC folder AND to my iTunes folder. So I went to Tools/Options/File location to make sure that "Audio" points only to the MC folder in Finder. But it didn't do the trick.
Any help would be much apprediated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: . . . and an organizing issue
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 01:26:51 pm »

Set up auto import.  The wiki has a topic.

Remove any files you don't want.  Search for them, then "soft delete" them.  Read carefully when you do.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 04:47:49 pm »

My guess is that when MC was installed, it did it's automatic "find all music files" thing after the 45 second countdown and it imported all of your ITunes files.

You could start over again if you don't have anything invested in your setup.  Just clear the Library (File > Library > Clear library) and then import the folder you want.  But that's probably not a good solution for you.

You can easily delete everything that's in the ITunes folder from MC.  Go to the left navigation area and go to Audio > Files .

In this view the first Pane should be "Location" which is the location on disk.  Drill down into this pane and find your ITunes folder.  Click on it.  You should now see all of your ITunes files displayed in the files area at the bottom.  Just highlight them all and press delete.  Take the default, which is to remove from MC, but keep them on disk.  That should do it for you.

Be careful!

Good luck.

Brian.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 12:59:25 pm »

Thanks to the both of you.

"You can easily delete everything that's in the ITunes folder from MC.  Go to the left navigation area and go to Audio > Files ."
This sounds easy enough, but to make sure: it will not delete the iTunes library from my Mac, only from what's included in the MC library, right?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 04:38:14 pm »

Yes, as long as you choose the default option of "only remove from MC".  Try one or two first.  Verify in ITunes.  Then do more.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up