INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do JRiver support KEF LSX or others network player?  (Read 1303 times)

ngszewai

Do JRiver support KEF LSX or others network player?
« on: March 02, 2020, 07:53:11 pm »

hi,

I bought a KEF LSX.  it's wireless speaker that support airplay 2 or network play.  is JRiver support this kind of device?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Do JRiver support KEF LSX or others network player?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 10:04:50 pm »

Yes.

JRiver MC supports DLNA, which it seems that the LSX also supports. At least, the LSX includes DLNA in its Features, but not in its Specifications, so I assume that it actually works as a DLNA Renderer. It might need some App from KEF, because the Product Information Sheet says:
KEF’s optional Stream app enables use of TIDAL and DLNA streaming.
and also:
(DLNA/uPNP compliant)

MC doesn't directly support Airplay / Airplay 2, but some people do play to Airplay indirectly using intermediate software. That would be the hard way to connect.
If your PC can output audio via Bluetooth, then MC should be able to output audio via Bluetooth, and the LSX supports Bluetooth input.

See Media Network in the Wiki, plus search the Wiki and Forum for DLNA.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ngszewai

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 03:40:01 am »

thanks for your reply.

I tried the trial version of "audirvana" which can directly detect it and I can select the LSX as speakers.

if I using DLNA mode, that means I need to use the interface of the LSX app?  I really hate that and i want to find a better player and app that can used in ipad.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »

if I using DLNA mode, that means I need to use the interface of the LSX app?

It looked that way from the Data Sheet, but I don't have one so I don't know for sure.

If you want to use Airplay, better to find an App that directly supports it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up