INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST Plugin Help -- GoodHertz CanOpener  (Read 3955 times)

pjchappy

• Recent member
VST Plugin Help -- GoodHertz CanOpener
« on: March 03, 2020, 12:16:58 pm »

I'm trying to get GoodHertz Canopener plugin (a 64-bit crossfeed VST) to work in JRiver 26 (version 26.0.30; 64-bit).  It has worked in the past.  However, something is now causing very quick, stuttering playback.  It kind of sounds like a very fast, square-wave tremolo.

I've tried turning off my antivirus (and setting exceptions to processes and folders, including the plug-in) and increased buffer size to the max (500).  Nothing has worked. 

I have the latest version of GHZ Canopener installed.  It doesn't work even being the only plug-in in use in JRiver.

Other system specs:  Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (latest version); i7-3770K

Any tips or tricks to get this working?

Thanks,

p

denton1972

• Recent member
Re: VST Plugin Help -- GoodHertz CanOpener
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 04:52:18 am »

I'm trying to get GoodHertz Canopener plugin (a 64-bit crossfeed VST) to work in JRiver 26 (version 26.0.30; 64-bit).  It has worked in the past.  However, something is now causing very quick, stuttering playback.  It kind of sounds like a very fast, square-wave tremolo.

I've tried turning off my antivirus (and setting exceptions to processes and folders, including the plug-in) and increased buffer size to the max (500).  Nothing has worked. 

I have the latest version of GHZ Canopener installed.  It doesn't work even being the only plug-in in use in JRiver.

Thanks,

p

The same happens to me. It works with Blue Cat's PatchWork.
Windows 11 Enterprise x64 | JRiver Media Center 32 x64 | Sonarworks SoundID Reference x64 | Klanghelm SDRR2 x64

isiora

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:59:41 pm »

Thanks,

p

It happens to me too.

isiora

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 04:42:27 am »

Thanks,

p

Hi,

I have found a workaround. In 'Advanced Controls' of the Canopener plugin, set 'Soft Start Time' at 'off'.

Bye,
Isidoro

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 01:44:12 pm »

You can also move the CanOpener control to the bottom of the DSP list. I found that when it was high in the list, it stuttered, even when no other DSP controls were checked.
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up