INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View - play all vs shuffle all  (Read 640 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Theater View - play all vs shuffle all
« on: March 03, 2020, 07:19:43 pm »

I have MC 26.0.30 running on my desktop (win10 64-bit) as a server.

In the entertainment cabinet I have MC 26.0.30 (Win10 64-bit) running as a client.  When I boot up this PC, it goes directly into Theater View of MC.

My question concerns the behavior of the MC client in Theater View.

For the past couple three weeks when I played a playlist on the MC client, the songs would be shuffled, even though i selected Play All, and not Shuffle All, to play them.  At first I thought i just clicked on the wrong icon, but when I paid closer attention (  :) ) I noted i was clicking on the Play All icon.  Yet the songs of the playlist were playing shuffled.

Tonight I decided to try to investigate...

Long story short (probably too late for that...  :) )

When I pressed Ctrl-1 to switch views, I saw on the top of the window that shuffle was enabled in the view. (image attached). 

So the shuffle issue was self-inflicted.

But it raises a question - in this circumstance, when I am in Theater View and I select Play All, should that not override any shuffle setting in a different view, and play the songs in playlist order?

If the Ctrl-1 view is set to not shuffle, and I select Shuffle All in Theater View, I would expect the songs to be shuffled.

In other words, I would not expect the shuffle settings of one view to affect the shuffle settings of another view. 

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Theater View - play all vs shuffle all
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:04:21 am »

Selecting Play All in Theater View should already disable the shuffle setting (since Shuffle All is right next to it).

I tested on my machine and it seems to be working correctly.  Turn shuffle on, select Play All, and it plays in order.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 12:58:39 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Let me go through it again to see if there is something else involved.

Busy today, I should get to it tomorrow.

thx.
=========

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 08:53:43 am »

Hi Matt -

OK, on the MC client, I turned shuffle on in Standard View. (I had turned it off two days ago.)

Then I went to Theater View and played a playlist via Play All.

MC is playing the songs in order, i.e., not shuffled.

It had been 100% reproducible before, but now it is working as expected..

MC and I have been through a lot here lately, what with the recent in-place conversion to Windows 10.  :)

I started noticing this quirk on MC Client after the Win10 conversions on the MC Server and MC Client PCs. 

However, now MC is working as its usual excellent self.

Thanks again for the quick reply.
=========

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 08:54:31 am »

Glad to hear it's working.  Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 06:32:10 pm »

<sigh>

It's happening again. I did a "play all" and the playlist was shuffled.

The larger pattern of commonality seems to be... I play a playlist on my MC client.  It is a new playlist.  One created since I last fired up the MC client.  Also a playlist that I uploaded to Cloudplay.

All the "play all" vs "shuffled all" issues have the above in common.  But I do not yet know whether all of those criteria are needed, or just some or one or two.

I know I need to come up with a more reproducible case here, and that is what I am planning to do.

This next week is busy for me, but i may have some time to investigate this.

Stay tuned....

=========

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:59:32 pm »

Just to follow up on this.

The past couple of days, I've tried many ways to duplicate this issue, and I was not able to duplicate it. 

The occurrences are so far and few between that I cannot remember all that occurred in the lead up to the behavior I saw.

So, at this point, I can do little other than offer apologies for the apparently false report here.

(I'll go away and continue digitizing some vinyl and shellac.)   :)
=========

Pages: [1]   Go Up