INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Again: Tagging classical music video  (Read 645 times)

SPM

Again: Tagging classical music video
« on: March 04, 2020, 09:48:16 am »

New to MC (trial period) but have searched the forum without solution:
How can I add the "Classical" Group of fields which exists for "Audio" to the fields for "Video"? In "Customize View" it is possible to create a group "Classical" but I can't figure out how to add the required individual fields for this category (Composer, Conductor, Orchestra, Soloists...). This is necessary e.g. for classical concert videos or opera.

Thank you in advance.

SPM

SPM

Re: Again: Tagging classical music video
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:00:15 am »

Found the bits and pieces on the forum; This worked for me.

1. Re-tag all videos with music content requiring additional tags:
(...)
Your music videos are all presumably tagged Media type =[Video] and Media subtype=[Music Video]. If not, select them all and in one foul swoop tag them in the "Action window" (bottom ledt of the Standard screen, AW > tag. If you dont see tags you need , r click > show more (tags). make sure you also fill in the [artist] tag
(...)

2. Make "Audio" fields available for video:
Here you go.  If you want to manage your Music Video like your Audio Files then all you have to do is make them appear in the "Audio" section of MC and then all the "Audio" tags like Conductor and Composer are exposed and you manage the Music Video tracks just like Audio Tracks.

As per the pic [sorry, can't insert it here, look at original post], Right Click on "Audio" --> Set Rules for File Display and change the values to also include Music Video.  Easiest way is to press Import/Export and past this in without the quote "([Media Type]=[Audio],[Playlist] or [Media Sub Type]=[Music Video])".  All your "Audio" views will now include Music Videos.

3. Add "Classical" group and populate with desired fields:

Right-click on your Library View which displays the videos with music content and click on "Customize View"- The "Audio" fields are now exposed. I chose to add the standard fields one by one in the "Classical" group plus a few additional ones I use here and there.

(Classical) music content in videos is not an exotic scenario. Why isn't this supported "out-of-the-box"? It would have been a deal breaker for me if I had not found a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up