INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Television doesn't show radio recordings  (Read 1380 times)

Nick700

• Recent member
Television doesn't show radio recordings
« on: March 09, 2020, 06:14:46 am »

The 'Recordings' view in Television appears to only show recordings of TV shows.  I record a lot of Radio shows and these don't appear on the 'Recordings' view.

I've looked for a filter that might be set but can't find one - can anyone help with this?

If not, can this be resolved in a release of the software?

Nick

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Television doesn't show radio recordings
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 08:15:30 am »

Are you able to find these recordings under Audio? Under Video?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Nick700

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 04:20:20 am »

No.  I was expecting them to appear in the 'recordings' pane of 'Television' where 'normal' television recordings automatically appear.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 09:14:29 am »

Under Television, Recordings will display all recorded shows that have media type of Video and have TV recording flag.  It may be possible that a recording of a radio channel is classified as Audio, and thus not showing up in Television.

Do you use JTV or TS format for recordings?

Nick700

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 12:23:36 pm »

I use the ts format so that I can convert them to WAV format, edit them and then save as MP3 files.

Under Audio I've created my own view that shows the ts files but I did this primarily so that I can delete them once I've finished with them as they are automatically added to the library etc and are occupying space etc for no reason.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 02:02:57 pm »

I use the ts format so that I can convert them to WAV format, edit them and then save as MP3 files.

Under Audio I've created my own view that shows the ts files but I did this primarily so that I can delete them once I've finished with them as they are automatically added to the library etc and are occupying space etc for no reason.

I checked my code and found that indeed we filter recordings to media type Video only.  Recordings that are audio-only will not appear in the Television Recordings view.

You will just have to use the view you created for ts files under audio to see these files.

Nick700

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 08:57:12 am »

I was rather hoping that if this was the case (as I suspected) that it could be modified in a future release of MC which would give users control over the filtering.  It seems odd that software that is all about all types of media treats audio files as subordinate to video.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 09:51:36 am »

I was rather hoping that if this was the case (as I suspected) that it could be modified in a future release of MC which would give users control over the filtering.  It seems odd that software that is all about all types of media treats audio files as subordinate to video.

I don't understand why you think audio is treated as subordinate to video.  Audio is audio, video is video.  Television is normally considered video.

Nick700

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 09:24:24 am »

My point is, surely a recording is a recording, so why filter out audio?  Wouldn't it be better to show all recordings and give the user the ability to filter this if they so wish?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 09:50:31 am »

My point is, surely a recording is a recording, so why filter out audio?  Wouldn't it be better to show all recordings and give the user the ability to filter this if they so wish?

On that you have a point.  However, including audio will actually make the program slower significantly because of the complicated filtering requirements on TV recordings.  That alone makes it not worth the effort.
Pages: [1]   Go Up