INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing from MacBook Pro through an external LG Monitor  (Read 552 times)

jloffsite

Playing from MacBook Pro through an external LG Monitor
« on: March 12, 2020, 09:01:52 am »

This may be a very simple issue to fix, but I would be much obliged for help. I am using MediaCenter 26 on a MacBook Pro and the MacBook is also displaying to an LG Monitor with speakers. With the Core Audio output selected, MC26 plays through the MacBook speakers. If I select the LG Monitor, then I get a "Playback Problem" error -- essentially saying the output format is not supported (screen shot attached). How can I get MC26 to play through my monitor? The sound option in MacBook settings is selected for the LG.

Thanks in advance.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing from MacBook Pro through an external LG Monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:23:33 pm »

My guess is that monitor requires 48kHz sampling rate so it won't directly play your 44.1kHz files.  MC has a setting you can use to automatically use a different sampling rate when the sound device can't play the one you are trying.

Tools > Options > Audio > Advanced > auto configure output on playback error > (set to Yes)

Hopefully that works.

Brian.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Playing from MacBook Pro through an external LG Monitor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 10:17:27 am »

Thanks Brian.  I actually solved it in the meantime by relying on the mini to adapt core audio for the monitor instead of trying to make JRiver sort it out. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up