INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: Different File info panel for a client PC.  (Read 768 times)

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Request: Different File info panel for a client PC.
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:51:47 am »

Hi,
I have a PC in my living room where the JRiver Media server resides that are connected to a 4k projector and a 4k computer screen
In my bedroom I have another PC with JRiver acting as a client connected to a 2k tv-screen.

Is there a way to customize a different file info panel for the pc in the bedroom that are connected to the 2k tv-screeen.
Since the resolutions are different for the two computers the file info panel that looks good on the 4k screen is to large on the 2k screen.
Yes, I know I can adjust the size to a smaller size but that makes everything smaller and it becomes difficult to read the text on the Tv-screen.

So basically, can i have two different file info panels, one for the living room PC where the media server resides and one for the bedroom pc that acts as a client?
And still have auto sync on between the server and the client.

Best regards,

//arcspin
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can I have a Different File info panel for MC client?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 02:50:23 pm »

God evening,
I bump my own question in hope of an answer.

Take care,

//arcspin
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 03:26:18 pm »

I think not. However, clumsy workaround could be that you create variable and toggle its value when you are in bedroom/living room. On file info panel template you would then check that value and show template for bedroom or living room

I don't know if this would even work at all but that's only thing I could think of. If you can read from database this is server or this is client, that would also allow you to choose template for file info...

wer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 03:34:41 pm »

There's one set of Theater View settings per library.  As long as you use the bedroom PC as a client, they will share the same theater view config.

You could run the bedroom PC as a separate library and import the media files from the server.  The media files would stay in one place, but you would have to maintain two libraries, so not what you want.

The way would be to make the File Info panel template definitions aware of the actual screen resolution.  I'm not aware of any way to do that.  You can present different file info panels depending on context and other factors, but resolution is not among them.  Perhaps global variables could be used, but I've never heard of it.  Exposing the screen resolution so that it could be accessed by an Expression (which could be integrated in the File Info Panel) is a feature JRiver would have to add.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you playback to a different ZONE only when using your bedroom PC, the current Zone could be detected by an expression in a file info panel template definition, and cause different templates to be used that way.  I've never tried to do that, so there'd have to be some experimenting.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 03:41:36 pm »

The only other thing I can think of is that if you playback to a different ZONE only when using your bedroom PC, the current Zone could be detected by an expression in a file info panel template definition, and cause different templates to be used that way.  I've never tried to do that, so there'd have to be some experimenting.
I was also thinking that maybe identification can be made from zones but I don't remember what zone functions there are  ::)

E: What about Note()? Haven't used it ever so I don't know what is the usage of that and could it be used here

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 03:45:11 pm »

Thank you for responding,
I guess I will make this a request for future updates.

I do think it could be quite useful to be able to separate server & client PC Theater views (and still have the library auto synced) as you can with "Show only in small view". Something similar would be great to have for server & client PC.

//arcspin

wer

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 03:48:58 pm »

I don't think this works.  [Zone Last Opened] is available, but it does not reflect the Zone last selected (opened) for playback by the user, it reflects the zone the individual file was last played in.  So I think it's global variables or nothing, and I'm not inclined to spend a bunch of time testing that out...  Perhaps someone else has tried it.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 03:55:15 pm »

Yep, if some MC expression could return current screen resolution then making user scaled templates would be easier to be triggered

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Request: Different File info panel for MC client.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 10:47:44 pm »

@JimH and @Matt

Please consider the possibility to customize a different file info panel for a client pc.

Thank you,
//arcspin
Pages: [1]   Go Up