INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another way to reorganize playlists or Playing Now by columns  (Read 326 times)

Sixto

JRiver allows users to organize playlists in ascending or descending order by column. I would like to know how, or request the ability to rearrange songs differently by Playlist Expression Column and/or Playing Now columns. 

For example, say I have a playlist for Classical Music, and there are 100 songs rated from 1 through 5 in the playlist.  I would like to "evenly space" the ocurrance of any one rating (or any column value for that matter) so that I don't listen to a bunch of songs with the same rating in a row. In other words, I'm looking to  "evenly distribute"  the ocurrance of similar values within the playlist or playing now list.  In this example, if I had 10 songs rated 5 and 90 songs rated 1, then I'd hear 9 songs rated 1 before hearing another song rated 10.

I do this manually now, by dragging files so they are spaced more or less evenly, but I figure there must be a way to create a more or less even distribution, just like there is a way to sort in ascending or descending order.

If this is already a feature, let me know please.  I've searched for it but have not been able to find any information about it.

Thanks! - Six.
Pages: [1]   Go Up