INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Antivirus Problem  (Read 363 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Antivirus Problem
« on: March 16, 2020, 09:25:17 am »

Matt - Unfortunately when I tried to install the 64 bit version of 26.0.35 AVG Cyber Capture cut in, it decided there was something "suspicious" in the extracted install file and sent it to AVG for checking and abandoned the install. Thankfully within 20 minutes AVG reported back that the file was clean so I tried to install it a second time. This time one of those "you can't do anything with them" windows error messages came up, I think it was saying something like "Application Can't Continue", however behind it the 1st MC install panel came up, then vanished plus AVG started yet another check on the file. Then the 1st MC Install panel reappeared, behind the MS Win Error Message which thankfully was not obstructing the buttons on the MC Panel. After clicking on the appropriate buttons on the 1st and 2nd MC install panels the install proceeded as normal and completed. Now I'm not sure if AVG had got it's panties in a twist, or it was the present of the windows error panel, but AVG kept redoing its "15 second check on the install file" even after MC had been installed and opened up ready for use. Thankfully MS have never abandoned the Ctrl/Alt/Del key combo because that was the only way I could access the Power Button to tell Win 10 to restart. Since Win 10 can sometimes be even crankier than a certain White House resident I'm beginning to wonder if the Windows Error Message was not actually generated by the 2nd attempt of the install but was appearing because AVG Cyber Vault had terminated the first attempt in a way that Win 10 had failed to recognize.

P.S. - MC26.0.35 has been running for over 15 minutes plus I've used some of the "modified" options and all of the ones I've used have not given any cause for concern.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Antivirus Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 11:38:28 am »

If you're using Win10, you don't need another antivirus program.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Antivirus Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 01:15:54 pm »

That's a question only the AV manufacturer could answer.  It's not uncommon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up