INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortcut to Creat/Add to playlist?  (Read 1810 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Shortcut to Creat/Add to playlist?
« on: April 27, 2003, 12:41:32 pm »

Is there a shortcut key that will open the create/add to playlist window so I can create a playlist with the currently selected files? I create playlists based on comments (sequentially numbered for all albums, from 1 and up) and now I have to right click the selected files, choose Playlist and move the mouse up to the top of the screen (since there are may playlist in the submenu) and finally click there.

Of course the best would be to have a tool that created a playlist based on your library criteria (with the ability to choose form the library fields the playlist should be named after), but that's probably just a pipe dream. Or have I overlooked an important (at least for me) feature? ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Omni

Re: Shortcut to Creat/Add to playlist?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 07:50:33 pm »

In the right-hand pane (assuming you have it expanded), you can cycle through various things:  format, image, statistics, file info, and playlists.

With the playlists showing, you can easily add (or remove) the selected files to any given playlist by clicking on the playlist of interest.

To add the current library's search criteria results, just hit Ctrl-A first to select all the files.

This want you mean?

Omni

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 10:56:13 pm »

Nope, sorry. Because then I first have to create the playlists that I want to add the files to (again I use one playlist per ripped CD), and that's an extra link in the chain. The point is to do it with less work. The only thing would be if I could create a bunch of empty playlists in an easy way, sequentially numbered...

Omni

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 09:04:51 am »

Bummer.  Sorry I couldn't help you in your fight to promote laziness.  ;D  (One which we all support to some extent, I might add.)

But out of curiosity, why do you need to create a separate playlist of each ripped CD when Album sorting is already supported automatically in MC?

Omni

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 12:42:31 pm »

Have a look at my webpage, and you'll understand it...  ;)

Omni

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2003, 03:54:14 pm »

Have a look at my webpage, and you'll understand it...  ;)

Impressive!   8)  Just looking at your "zone overview" is enough to make any true audio enthusiast's jaw drop!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2003, 04:00:26 pm »

You must address his majesty as Czar Mastiff or he may set the hounds on you.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2003, 11:13:00 pm »

Jim, Thank you, our dear man. We declare you count James for that remark. But we are afraid it might not be such a good idea to set the hound on him right now, since we're all out of mastiffs these days. And a papillon really does not have the same effect, we think!  ;D But we are waiting for a new supply of mastiffs (or at least a mastiff) from England. And after having this royal we...e...comes a royal flush. (Did you get that one? It might be a bit to british for people used to American humour.)  ;)

Omni, believe me, I like the sound of jaws dropping! And this system is in daily use and hasn't had a real problem for months (except for the one I have bitc*ed about several times where you get a "Please select tracks to play" window if there's nothing in the Playing Now when you press play on one of the remotes. But for now that's fixed by using mjextman-commands and having a close command one second after the play command just in case.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up