INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio KVMR  (Read 1208 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Radio KVMR
« on: March 18, 2020, 01:13:05 pm »

We have new friends in California.  In addition to Radio Paradise, we've now begun working more closely with KVMR, aka Dead Air Radio, in Nevada City, CA.

Nevada City is a sprawling town of about 3000 people.  It began during the Gold Rush of 1849.   It may now have the highest density of JRiver users on the planet.

A few years ago, several of the DJ's began using MC to help with his work.  One thing led to another, and there are now several more.  One KVMR DJ (Juke on this forum) just did a presentation to his fellow DJ's and we offered them a discount on using JRiver.  We're now embedded in KVMR DLNA.

Welcome, KVMR!  Thanks for your interest in JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Radio KVMR
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 01:13:19 pm »

In email, Juke told me the following:

"Part of the reason to promote JRiver MC is to leverage our digital library.  Years ago, we began ripping CDs and storing the digital files in a file system available only to DJs when they're on the air.  We recognized the necessity of capturing information from the liner notes that is not normally present as metadata in the ripped file.  We also settled on using the FLAC file format because of it's lossless compression and the ability to populate the Vorbis comment block.  So, we established a guide to ripping which I wrote.

"Today we have reached capacity in our physical CD library room.  There's literally no place to house the CDs unless we get rid of some.  So, out digital library has become a valuable investment.

"JRiver is the only DJ app we have installed on our studios' computers.  So, the more DJs who learn to use it, the better use we'll make of our digital library."

Juke

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 01:29:06 pm »

Hi JimH and thank you for creating our own place on the JRiver forum!  A minor correction... I have been volunteering at KVMR for 3 years.  Smart volunteers before me initiated the digital library and adopted JRiver MC as the station's sole DJ app.  I ride on the coattails of their sage decisions.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:48:58 pm »

A minor correction... I have been volunteering at KVMR for 3 years.  Smart volunteers before me initiated the digital library and adopted JRiver MC as the station's sole DJ app.  I ride on the coattails of their sage decisions.
Thanks.  Corrected in the first post.

jradams3rd

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 06:17:25 pm »

Thanks to JRiver for providing a solid product that we can rely on.  I was one of the first users that chose JRiver and have used it since at least JRiver 18 maybe longer.  Look up my original purchase and that will answer that question.

John

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 06:34:36 pm »

Thanks to JRiver for providing a solid product that we can rely on.  I was one of the first users that chose JRiver and have used it since at least JRiver 18 maybe longer.  Look up my original purchase and that will answer that question.
MC18 in August of 2012.  Thanks!

jradams3rd

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 05:19:53 pm »

I am the DJ  that started using JRiver in August of 2012.  240,000 tracks and growing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up